Author Topic: Please Explain!!!  (Read 3587 times)

Offline luke318isTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • luke318is has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Please Explain!!!
« on: January 27, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »
Ok. My main goal here is to get an IDOC script working.  I was really going for the automatic house placement tool, or the sign moniter tool.  The reason being this:

I camped an idoc for 14 hours lastnight (no sleep) only to lose it to someone who knew EXACTLY when it was going to fall.  I am assuming they were using this script!

Anyways, here are my questions!

1.) Does Script UO fully work? i cannot seem to RUN the script, only load it. So i have been forced to use EasyUO

2.) When using the house placement script, it works right up until it asks "Setup for OSI", i click no, because i am on a uogamers shard.  Then i pick house, it asks if i want to use position, i click yes, then bam it says ERROR WITH SETUP, PLEASE RESTART

What do i do??!?!?  I really would appreciate some help here, or a suggestion on how to get the upper hand on these house placers without not sleeping!!!!!!

Going to attach screenshot.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Please Explain!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:13:34 PM »
Actually it may not support your freeshard.  It's been a while since I tried it on RunUO.  Exactly what size pad were you trying to place?

Also, you should use the fast/easy placer since that one is less complicated....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:16:05 PM »
It was a small house.

How do i use ScriptUO if i cant execute the script on it?

Does the other script you mentioned do it while i am afk?  or do i manually have to place the house with it?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »
SUO is just for script development at the moment.

The simple placer will work AFK, but will only make one attempt.  Generally, if you miss the first attempt, than it's too late anyhow or the location is blocked by an unmovable.

If you have access to a test server, I suggest you practice scripted house placement.  It's an artform and generally you will fail your first few attempts as you figure out the "trixs"
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »
1.)On the simple placer, when i have selected the house the second time, shall i leave the ghost active? or click to place a second time?

ALso, on the idoc moniter, it seems to work fine and make a logfile, but why does the house sign field just say "sign" instead of the actual house name? and where in the logfile will i be able to determine when the house went to IDOC status?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Please Explain!!! - IDOC tools questions
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 08:09:39 PM »
1.)On the simple placer, when i have selected the house the second time, shall i leave the ghost active? or click to place a second time?

ALso, on the idoc moniter, it seems to work fine and make a logfile, but why does the house sign field just say "sign" instead of the actual house name? and where in the logfile will i be able to determine when the house went to IDOC status?

Ya, the simple placer you leave the house ghosted for the second time.  You can walk away after that.  Really that's why I say you should practice this on a test shard somewhere.

Again, that's one of those things where you need to play with the script; if you use it a couple times you can see just where in the log file it switches from state to state.  RunUO is real easy; the phases are exact.

For your shard, is that a Pre-AOS shard?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »
Yeah it is a pre AOS shard, its felluca only

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »
Pre-AOS shards don't have the same #PROPERTY information as the post-AOS shards.  So you won't see the sign names, etc.  Also most IDOC scripts won't work either.  I'm not sure if the placer will work either since it was written for post-AOS shards.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
the only thing I can think of is if you use a pixel scanner?  though I think your own your own to write a script like that since *cough* we are in the 21st century of scripting.

Tags: