Author Topic: neo's cleanup residue quester 10/06/2011  (Read 40760 times)

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
neo's cleanup residue quester 10/06/2011
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
+1
Code: [Select]
;======================================================================================
; Script Name: neo's cleanup residue quester
; Author: neo
; Based on a concept by: MeWonUo
; Version: 0.1
; Client Tested With: 7.0.18.0
; EUO version tested with: 1.50 202
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI
; Revision Date: 10/06/2011
; Public Release: 10/06/2011
; Purpose: Will grab Magical Residue from container, recall/sj to Ter Mur,
;          do the residue quests, and travel back home to get some more. Will trash
;          imbuing power scrolls and save chisels in a container. Good if you have
;          those endless stocks of Magical Residue and don't know what to do with them! :)
;          Could also be worth buying them, depending on the price you find.
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; URL:     http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=8675.0
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;          INSTRUCTIONS: - Mark 1 or 2 runes at the Residue quester in Ter Mur
;                        - Mark 1 or 2 runes at home near your container and trash
;                        - Start the script at home and follow setup instructions
;          REMEMBER: You must start this script at home, and you must have the container
;                    and trash barrel within 2 tiles of your home recall spot.
;
; If you use this, I'd appreciate the
; This script was MeWonUo's idea, I just wrote it with his help. So credit goes to him
; for this! :)
; Special thanks to TM for his journal scan sub.
;======================================================================================

Don't have any bags of the same type as those quest bags inside your backpack, they can and will be trashed! :)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
cleanup_residue_quester_suo_0.1.txt
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:21:15 AM by Neo »
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: neo's cleanup residue quester 10/06/2011
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »
+1
I'll give this a go with enchanted Essence as for me it would be more worthwhile than the residue. I looked at the code and I think I can do it.  8)

We'll see...

I'll post some feedback when I get it working!

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »
+1
Sounds good... I could always update this to allow for Enchanted Essence to be used... Just figured nobody would want to do that hehe...
Never fail to be polite.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:52:11 PM »
+1
Sounds good... I could always update this to allow for Enchanted Essence to be used... Just figured nobody would want to do that hehe...
Think for Cleanup its a goood thing to generate a lot of Scrolls;)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 11:07:39 PM »
+1
How many iterations do you have to do using residue to get a 120 Imbuing scroll?

Your going to need a separate script to combine the scrolls.

Not a bad idea Crome about the Clean Up points but at at 50 or 100 points...I can't remember which powerscroll completing the residue Quest gives as a reward  (105 or 110) but I'm not sure it's time well spent.

The enchanted Essence though I think is worth it.

What can I say...I'm a no good lazy bum when it comes to turning in residue.  :P

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 11:23:48 PM »
+1
How many iterations do you have to do using residue to get a 120 Imbuing scroll?

Not a bad idea Crome about the Clean Up points but at at 50 or 100 points...I can't remember which powerscroll completing the residue Quest gives as a reward  (105 or 110) but I'm not sure it's time well spent.

What can I say...I'm a no good lazy bum when it comes to turning in residue.  :P
The idea is actually to plain throw the scrolls in the trash, and gather points from it...

I remember MeWonUo did the math behind this, and it was totally worth it...

60k magic residue would get you to around 90-100k points, if I'm not mistaken...

I don't think it's worth combining the scrolls though...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:25:24 PM by Neo »
Never fail to be polite.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 12:14:54 AM »
+1

Not a bad idea Crome about the Clean Up points but at at 50 or 100 points...I can't remember which powerscroll completing the residue Quest gives as a reward  (105 or 110) but I'm not sure it's time well spent.

What can I say...I'm a no good lazy bum when it comes to turning in residue.  :P
I already wrote a similar script in openuo section.
You need 860 105 Scrolls for 120. You could use Enhanced Essences ofc for 115er then u neew only 8 or 10 when i remind right.
And Yeah, if i would play OSI, i would throw in all my Essences\Residues\Relics for it. They are such easy to collect!;)

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 08:24:52 AM »
+1

Not a bad idea Crome about the Clean Up points but at at 50 or 100 points...I can't remember which powerscroll completing the residue Quest gives as a reward  (105 or 110) but I'm not sure it's time well spent.

What can I say...I'm a no good lazy bum when it comes to turning in residue.  :P
I already wrote a similar script in openuo section.
You need 860 105 Scrolls for 120. You could use Enhanced Essences ofc for 115er then u neew only 8 or 10 when i remind right.
And Yeah, if i would play OSI, i would throw in all my Essences\Residues\Relics for it. They are such easy to collect!;)
For cleanup purposes, you can just look at the points value of each scroll and do the math to what would be best for ya

• 105 Powerscroll 50
  • 110 Powerscroll 100
  • 115 Powerscroll 500
  • 120 Powerscroll 2,500

Never fail to be polite.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 08:30:23 AM »
+1

Well, with this script, which recalls back and forth to trash/drop off stuff, you'll do around 400 quests/hour...

I think you get both 105 and 110 scrolls from the residue quest (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Let's say you average out 75 points per scroll... That would net you about 30k points/hour... Even if you just get 50 power scrolls, that would be still 20k points/hour... So, if you have the residue for it, I guess it's time well spent...
Never fail to be polite.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
+1
Finally gave this a go this evening after editing it for essence. Extremely fast...I had to pause the script to make sure it was actually doing what it was supposed to...it was.

Doing too many those quests always gives me a headache..not anymore. I was surfing the net and came back to a container full of scrolls.

Very nice. Two thumbs up! Thankyou sir! 8)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 11:21:01 AM »
+1
Moved to Script Library.
Thank you.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 12:03:03 PM »
+1
i think worth combine the scrolls with residues becaus its60% of chance on win a 110 in place of 105, so i think it can worth a lot.

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 04:08:57 PM »
+1
I've ran this script through about 30,000 residue (1-1/2 hours) and 14,000 essence (edited script, taken about 44 mins so far), and it's working great! I did have to change line 295s click spot from 130 to 165, but otherwise it's great as is and I'm getting a lot of points for these resources (i'll have done 300 quests when i finish with the essence, and i'll have gotten 150,000 points and 4 runics with it). A great script...thanks!!!
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »
+1
I'm really happy you guys are finding some use out of this...

Feel free to post your suggestions here, so I can try and update this for everyone's liking as soon as I can...

Cheers!
Never fail to be polite.

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »
+1
A note to anyone who wants to change this for Enchanted Essence instead of Magical Residue...

Change the three instance of TKR to WKR...these are on lines 64, 81, and 276...
On line 262, change the name from "Beninort" to "Aurvidlem"...

And of course, remark your runes near that NPC, although you could change the scanning range (set at 3) if you want to mark them more centrally so you can use them with either script...

That's it!!! :-)

And neo, it seems like this could be changed permanently by adding variables for something like %resource and %NPCname, to be set by having the user select which to do at the start of the script (or automatically do both and do them based on the resources in the container, so if you run out of one, it'll switch to another?).  You could also make the menu for adding the rune numbers have a third column for the runes for the EE NPC, to incorporate this?
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Tags: cleanup  spring