Author Topic: [UO Herald News] UO Stratics Published Another Developer Interview  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
UO Stratics Published Another Developer Interview

Are you following the QA5 series of mini interviews with the UO Developers and Event Moderators on Stratics? Today the questions and answers with Michael "Phoenix" Moore were published.
For those of us who don’t know, what has your “career track” been with the gaming industry?
I am what is known as a game systems designer. That means I am primarily concerned with game mechanics and not game content. I don’t normally write quests or populate dungeons with monsters or lay out game maps. I occasionally do those things, but mostly I work with things like combat balance, monster AI, monster and player abilities, crafting, trading, and other such features. My job requires a broad skillset that includes software engineering, spreadsheets, databases, technical and creative writing, and user interface design. I often implement the designs I create.
 Read the full interview here, or check out the previous ones with Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong, EM Emile Layne, Michael “Misk” Armstrong and EM Faine Morgain.

http://www.uoherald.com/node/504

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] UO Stratics Published Another Developer Interview
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:54:19 AM »
Ah Yes, the questions I have always wanted to know....... Wait... What!?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: