Author Topic: EUOX Crashing constantly  (Read 3993 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
EUOX Crashing constantly
« on: August 28, 2010, 05:45:37 AM »
Lately while running my mining script EasyUO has been crashing - A LOT. I get things running and it could run for a couple hours or for a few minutes and BAM, dozens of error messages cascaded across my screen. It's gotten to the point where I can't even run the damn thing effectively.

I'm running on the same Windows 7 machine I've been running on for the last 8 months or so with no changes to the machine at all (that I'm aware of). Has anyone else been having issues like this? It's getting ridiculous!

Oh, and every time it crashes, and I mean EVERY TIME, my character is sitting a the bank in the middle of an unload routine.

Oh, and I guess there is a change - I added counter's to the mining script and they are engaged during the unload routine, coincidence? Not sure...

I may need some people that use my 2.61 version to beta-test the 3.0 version for a bit to see if they start having the same issue.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: EUOX Crashing constantly
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 09:25:14 AM »
I pretty much have the same problem.  Whenever I script (especially fishing) I run from a Win2003 VM.  I can't remember if I tried the XP compatibility mode.  I just gave up and moved over to the VM.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:14:29 AM »
I had that same problem about 4 months back .. never did actually figure out what it was ..
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:39:46 AM »
On the flip side of this, I have had this issue a bit, not as much as you, but I've actually noticed a lot of improvements in the way my scripts have been working.  With no changes.  I even took out all of the read/write locks from my waypoint follower and have had no issues whatsoever with crashing.  Using 7 Ultimate, no vm, multiple scripts running on multiple accounts.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 02:43:35 AM »
hmmm...

This seems to have started out of nowhere and sounds like has disappeared out of nowhere for at least a couple people? This sucks, absolutely no mining for extended periods of time? Very strange.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 06:03:27 AM »
I am not getting any error messages 12x^ but I am still getting the software locking up , I can walk a space or 2 and then it is done and always happens after I recall and everything tries to sync and get data from server then its like nothing gets updated.  Most of the time it is recalling back to the house but not always.  It happened like 6 times this weekend and just using 2.5 and 2.61 of your script.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 08:21:46 AM »
I am not getting any error messages 12x^ but I am still getting the software locking up , I can walk a space or 2 and then it is done and always happens after I recall and everything tries to sync and get data from server then its like nothing gets updated.  Most of the time it is recalling back to the house but not always.  It happened like 6 times this weekend and just using 2.5 and 2.61 of your script.
Interesting.

Are you up for a Beta run of 3.0 Mass? Still a lot of features left to add but there's a few important goodies that are working just fine.

X

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 08:24:15 AM »
I know someone that said logging out and back in once every hour or so seems to fix this issue.  Maybe it's a "feature" to curb 24/7 macroing?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »
Sure pass me the 3.0 version but i promiss to be nice to it  YEA RIGHT !! I will load it and push it to its limits to see if it can keep up with my personal short, sweat, and dirty script.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 08:50:05 AM »
I know someone that said logging out and back in once every hour or so seems to fix this issue.  Maybe it's a "feature" to curb 24/7 macroing?
That's what I'm afraid of too, the only thing that makes me suspect a problem rather than intention is a) it's ALWAYS at the bank unloading when it crashes, and b) it's EUOX that crashes not Client.exe.

*scratching*

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
Beta "pre-release" up in my Beta script library.

X

Tags: