Author Topic: Exevent Dropc Problems  (Read 7721 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Exevent Dropc Problems
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:46:47 PM »
Anyone Noticing Any Issues with Exevent Dropc Recently?

I'm Testing Some Code to basically Drag a Box from the Ground and Put it into another Container.

Typically I Monitor the Weight of my Player after Dragging Items That aren't on his person to start, and then after the weight has changed, or the Timer has Expired, I drop them on the Appropriate Container.

This has all been Done Flawlessly 100,000,000's of times in looters and other scripts, but when I'm dragging this Chest, It won't end up in the Appropriate Container, Like Exevent Dropc Is Broken.

I had to Code in a Secondary weight check after the Drop to make sure the weight returns to normal..

Very Annoying, about to close EUO and UO and restart Fresh, Just curious if Anyone Else Noticed Exevent dropc Doing weird things.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Exevent Dropc Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:58:43 PM »
I'll toss down a chest and try it out.  I use openEUO usually and just wrote a bod sorting algorithm that will pull books from multiple bags and place them, correctly, back into it.  I'll give euox a test script and see if Have that problem reproducing.  (Any item, or does it seem to be containers not dropping back into the box correctly?)
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »
Code: [Select]
set #targcurs 1
while #targcurs = 1
      wait 1

set %DragBagID #ltargetid
event sysmessage ok

set #targcurs 1
while #targcurs = 1
      wait 1

set %DropContID #ltargetid
set %Weight #weight

exevent drag %DragBagID 1
while #weight = %Weight
   wait 1

exevent dropc %DropContID

halt

Ran this reallly simple code for about 10-15 times, experienced no issues.
Build 236, client version 70.0.29.2
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »
Its actually Dropping them onto packies that's giving the Error....

Just doesn't seem to go through 100% of the Time.

set %Chestid XXXXX
set %Petid XXXX

Exevent drag %Chestid
Exevent dropc %Petid
Halt

pretty Straightforward.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:34:24 PM »
When's the last time you've checked your horses' packID?  If it's died, it's changed.  I'm testing wiht my packy right now.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:36:53 PM »
Hmm.. Its working for me now. I had to use a few Event drags though a few times... and Triple Checked the Packies ID.

Strange occurances....
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »
oddness. 
I modified my code a bit so that I could just keep hitting f2 to move it to my pack
Out of ~50 tries, one 1 time it a strange thing where it just plopped the bag back onto the ground.  Not sure  :-\
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »
The other 49 it successfully moved it into the packie?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
yep.  I tried off the ground, out of another container, and out of the packy himself.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 09:02:42 PM »
Yeah, Looks like the Script is Just Messing up. About to Have to Delete all the Code and Start over From scratch. Its GLitching out so bad it won't even drag the Items Sometimes. Like Stepping into the Script won't pick them up even when it says it is.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »
have you tried a blank script with a exevent dropc #backpackID just to make sure you don't have an item hung on the cursor?
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 09:14:01 PM »
Yeah, Tried all That. Looking like it was because I had the #LPC Turned up to 9999. That's been Really messing with a lot of My Scripts on Newer Operating Systems and Processors. I reset it back to 10 LPC and it worked Flawlessly. WTF
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »
NOPE! *SCREAMS*
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 09:26:57 PM »
Secondary Script running in the Background performing Event Property on Objects Glitches the Exevent Drag and Exevent Dropc Commands.

Just Goes to show you that there is always more you can learn about this crappy wonderful program we all love and hate. it brings us together like Family.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 09:34:11 PM »
Secondary Script running in the Background performing Event Property on Objects Glitches the Exevent Drag and Exevent Dropc Commands.

Just Goes to show you that there is always more you can learn about this crappy wonderful program we all love and hate. it brings us together like Family.

lol.  Whew, problem solved.  I'm shocked by that glitch though real odd.  It's a love hate relationship.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Tags: