Author Topic: Patched too far  (Read 1959 times)

Offline LarppaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Larppa has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Patched too far
« on: December 10, 2012, 03:07:57 AM »
Hello everyone,

I hope i found the right board to post this on. So, they made the publish 80 and an option to update your client (though old one works as far as i know.) Well like always, patch broke my euo and while waiting for the new version of euo, i'm curious if there is a way to reroll back to 7.0.28 somehow? I don't have the windows file system backup so i cannot use that for the purpose and now i'm asking if anyone knows a site where people have a library for older versions.

Anything above 7.0.26+ will do for me since im on a freeshard. Please share your knowledge. :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Patched too far
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 05:42:09 AM »
No good for you right now.. but for the future dont start the client via the uo.exe or the default shortcut .. instead make a new shortcut to client.exe and use that to start the game.  That way you will never patch unless you specifically want to by running the default shortcut. (I always rename the default shortcut to UO PATCHER so i dont run it by accident)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline LarppaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Larppa has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:35:24 PM »
i'm definately going to make a small client lib with tortoiseSVN to make sure i won't mess up like this again, and maybe my lib might even help someone else. :P Guess it's gonna take more than a week since EA just made another hotfix, forcing the new patch version.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »
just in time for the xmas hols
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: