Author Topic: Hellow new friends  (Read 1807 times)

Offline SamuoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Samuo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hellow new friends
« on: September 17, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »
I am Sam! I mean, that's not my given name obviously. I played UO in the past between 2000 and 2003ish on Chesapeake. I started when I was 12, and I was a pretty a huge noob for most of my UO experience. Luckily I met a lot of really nice people on Chessy who helped me out. One guy straight up gave me a house, which was sort of a big deal since even the smallest houses in the worst locations were around a million gold at the time. A million gold seems like a lot when your only source of income is farming Ogre Lords with blade spirits Tongue

Outside of UO, I wasted a shamefully large portion of my life on WOW and Starcraft. Semi-recently I got into Demon's Souls/Dark Souls. Beyond that my gaming history is pretty generic and more or less looks like everyone else's gaming history: MGS 1-4, FF7-10, Portal 1-2, so on and so forth. Outside of gaming I'm a Bioinformatics student, which a little bit of biochem and a lot of programming. I play a little guitar, I like to read trashy fantasy novels, I hike and fish sometimes. Fishing by itself is a pretty boring hobby, but it's a great excuse to drink all day long and there's something primal and satisfying about eating something you acquired from nature and killed yourself. Like an alcoholic caveman, I don't know.

In the past few years I've found myself interested in playing UO again. I rolled on a few free shards, but the playerbase on them seems so transient that it's sort of difficult to form a commitment. My roommate recently decided to start up again and give Siege a shot, something which we has both wanted to do as kids but never got around to, so I decided to reopen my old account and try it out as well. So far I'm really enjoying it, and as an adult I find it easier not to suck at the game. I'm trying out a Myst/Tamer template right now, for no real reason other than the fact that it sounded cool when I read about it.

Thanks for reading my intro, I look forward to being part of the community here!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hellow new friends
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:17:11 AM »
Beyond that my gaming history is pretty generic and more or less looks like everyone else's gaming history: MGS 1-4, FF7-10, Portal 1-2, so on and so forth.

Haven't played any of those... My gaming history is C&C, Civ, Col, DK, AoE, ...

So far I'm really enjoying it, and as an adult I find it easier not to suck at the game.

Haha, i often compare myself playing this game as to many years ago. I think i'm more patient now to learn more complicated stuff like imbuing, reforging, building suits hehe. It's funny!

Welcome aboard :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline SamuoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Samuo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:48:22 AM »
yeah imbueing changed alot find it easier more you do it. thanks what a great place

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 06:04:39 AM »
Thanks for the intro, and welcome to the site...restricted status is lifted, so have a look around.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 08:06:29 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: