Author Topic: So I got PK'd earler today....  (Read 3953 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
So I got PK'd earler today....
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »
This PK in question was chasing me all over the place and I could not shake him for the life of me. I must have spent a good ten minutes running for my life...this way and that way. The fact that I was unable to shake him would lead me to believe is using a speedhack of some kind. That I can live with and I'm aware that's out there....

What got me was that as I was running for my life he was hitting me with his Xbow. I know there is a running shot special move but I must have been 12 or 15 tiles away from him and he was still blasting me for shots every 3 seconds or so as he's chasing me. Maybe I'm not aware of all the rules of engagement but it seemed a little fishy to me.

Was this a legitimate kill? Or a special feature of one of these cheat programs?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: So I got PK'd earler today....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »
Most of those twinks use some sort of speedhack for PvP and pking.  Papa here at ScriptUO is probably one of the only peeps I know that does well at PvP and doesn't speedhack. 

legitimate kill?  No way.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »
The composite has a range of 11 or 12 I believe.  You can shoot people right on the edge of your screen with it with a running shot I believe.

I kill people all the time with just running shot :P

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »
Are there any cheat programs out there that allow you to go beyond that range?

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 06:51:28 PM »
my cuz is usually running circles around me when I barley even see him on my screen when we are running usually to blood dungeon.  I always thought he was just tailing behind me until one day I actually so his character running around me started to piss me off, I have to upgrade to faster speed.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:01:49 AM »
There isn't any cheat programs really anymore that are uo based.  Easyuo is the only one really.  The rest may just enhance appearance like a patcher etc. or do something stupid.  Things like CheatEngine, Speeder etc. are all just basic speedhacks really for any program it can attatch to.

I usually always run CE and crank it up high.  My computer is pretty crappy & I get shitty lag otherwise lol.  The sad part is I ping 12 and still am slow ;(

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 05:34:37 AM »
An Archer following a running player always has the advantage. Their Heavy Crossbow Moving Shots (or Comp Bow) will out damage your bandages eventually.

When it "looked" like he was 18 away and hitting you, the actual distance when the shot took place was in range. You'll often look like your separation is greater then it actually is. I'll bet that there were times during your jog that he was close enough for a shot, but he didn't shoot? Cause he actually wasn't close enough.

I don't know your char type, or I could suggest some evasion moves for you.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »
Plus what you see in UO is never really right half the time while running.

Usually in vent we'll be racing or something to a raid and saying "I'm winning!"  but the other person is like "No I'm 4 tiles ahead of you!", "not on my screen!" lol.

Tags: