Author Topic: Crafting Exceptional Leather Armor Questions.....  (Read 2776 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Crafting Exceptional Leather Armor Questions.....
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:47:23 AM »
Ok... so I'm trying to put together some difficult suits & I'm missing some information...
Currently Human leather armor has BASE resists of 2-4-3-3-3.   I know that when you craft it exceptionally with GM armslore you get 20 more resist points Randomly distributed to the 5 areas.   What I'd like to know is the Maximum possible of the 20 exp. points that you can have applied to just ONE resist ?   I know that as a rule of thumb you can expect 11 (out of the 20) to land in 1 resist If you script it for a day or more lol.   I've been collecting some pieces though and here's what I have.

Call it 100,000 pc's crafted so far... (1290 / Hr  roughly heh)

Out of that I've landed

1 Exceptional piece with 18 Energy (3 Base energy Resist) which = 15 / 20 of the exceptional bonus applied to Energy...
1 Exceptional piece with 18 Physical (2 Base Physical Resist which = 16 / 20 applied to physical...

Out of the 100k pieces though I've NOT received Fire / Cold / Poison  with more than 11 / 20 which seems odd to me.  I'd like to simply start with what's possible & work on the odds of it happening once we know that .   Anyway if you have any info on this topic pls feel free!   I'm going to Thank Manwinc Ahead of time bc I KNOW he's done this stuff too heh.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting Exceptional Leather Armor Questions.....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »
Hey Alpha,

Your post is a little unclear as to the goal you are attempting to obtain.  It appears to me that you are searching for the possible all 70s suit without enhancement or imbuing?  If that is the case it would be next to impossible.  I have found the best method is to make mass suits and then enhance them with barbed leather.  Once this is done then you can piece together the best starting suit... powder it up and begin your imbuing.  I haven't yet made a suit complete all 70 with 1 pass on imbuing but have gotten very close. 

I guess I could give a better understanding of good crafting methods if I had a more clear indication of your final goal.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »
I posted this in another forum...

Quote from: me
If I understand all this correctly.

2/4/3/3/3 = 15 Base Leather

Now you add in the exceptional bonus. It's 15% which can be spread in any way INCLUDING all 15 on one resist. This makes the possible max resists:

2/4/3/3/3 = Base Leather
15/15/15/15/15 = Exceptional bonus
---------------
17/19/18/18/18 (which is coincidentally the same as imbuing, go figure...)

Now add to that the 5% bonus for 100 Arms Lore

17/19/18/18/18 = Base + Exceptional
5/5/5/5/5 = Arms Lore 5%
--------------
22/24/23/23/23

And finally enhance with horned/barbed

22/24/23/23/23 = Base + Exceptional + Lore
2/3/2/2/2 = Horned
--------------
24/27/25/25/25 = That is the *supposed* caps for resists.

You have to understand that those caps are not realistic. For you to get 24 physical resist on an item it would have to look like:

24/7/5/5/5 = 46 (base + horned and all 15% exceptional AND 5% Lore added to Physical)

But you can see the odds of ever getting this piece are astronomical.

The fact that you aren't getting fire/cold/poison might be random, or might be that they apply the resists in a particular order like Energy first then Physical.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
Heh... Goliath my goal was information.   If I understand HOW it works then using the system to my advantage is easy. 

What I'd like to know is the Maximum possible of the 20 exp. points that you can have applied to just ONE resist ?

I wasn't trying to craft something or produce an end result yet.....   I was simply seeing what's possible before I even begin to think about number munchkin'ing it.  I typically build a suit down to the last resist point & watch every 1% in intensity so that I get the most out of them.  I usually end up crafting armor with EXACT resists on it that I specify and then imbuing it followed by an enhance for maximum gain.   This is why I want to know exactly what's possible, because it's the 20 points of RANDOM distribution (from GM armslore) that I'm taking advantage of.  If you Imbue a resistance onto a crafted piece of armor any "exceptional" bonus in that specific resist is WASTED.... which is why I end up crafting lots of armor so that I don't waste that Radom exceptional resist distribution.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
Ahh..... that's exactly what I was looking for Cerveza !!   I'd totally forgot to differentiate between the 15% granted from Exceptional & the 5% granted from GM armslore.   Hmmmmmm.......   So far I HAVE crafted 1 piece of armor with 18 physical resist, which means that 16% was added from Exceptional & LORE... so I'd say it's totally possible to get 20% added, but the odds.... heh.  I have noticed that physical resist does receive larger bonuses more frequently so perhaps it determines how much 1st then asks where.  I wonder if the BASE resist of the item effects the odds of it receiving the bonus.  For example because physical resist is the lowest 2-4-3-3-3 it has the highest chance to receive a bonus.   I have crafted a +15 resist energy though, so I guess if I hit Cold & poison & FIRE is obviously more difficult ......  have to craft more and see.   I should see if I can get a DEV to illuminate this..  If I KNEW for sure what my odds were than I'd be comfortable putting in the time to beat them.    Actually lol.....   I'm considering 4-5 Trial Acc Tailors going to town now.  I bet I could GM Tailoring + Arms lore pretty quick & for 2 weeks of crafting it might be worth it. Hmm......   Have to stockpile MEGA supply for that to work though.   Ah well..  gotta think outside the box to win!
Thx.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »
If I KNEW for sure what my odds were than I'd be comfortable putting in the time to beat them.    Actually lol.....   I'm considering 4-5 Trial Acc Tailors going to town now.  I bet I could GM Tailoring + Arms lore pretty quick & for 2 weeks of crafting it might be worth it. Hmm......   Have to stockpile MEGA supply for that to work though.   Ah well..  gotta think outside the box to win!
Thx.
OMG Alpha!! That would be insane crafting to make this happen!!!  Good Luck and if you happen to accomplish your task then I would love to see the results and final figures on what it took to get it.  Honestly... I would even be curious if you was able to hit the big exceptional bonus on the Cold, Poison, or Fire to see if there is a possibility of figuring out how that calculation was figured.  I have to admit... I thought I was a little anal about crafting sometimes, but you have put me to shame here:)  And I wasn't bashing you by saying that either!

Good Luck on this one!

Tags: