Author Topic: Easy 70-120 Stealing on Siege  (Read 3301 times)

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Easy 70-120 Stealing on Siege
« on: August 07, 2011, 04:41:13 PM »
This was imported from AC's now defunct section. The bug is pretty publicly known by thieves on siege.

This is a bug exploits how ROT works, so this probably will not work on other shards. (only on siege + mugen)

Everyone knows the normal scripting method to train stealing, it's tiresome and involves stealing from a packie then putting the items back.

I found a much, much easier way.

You will need:
* A pack horse
* A stack of around 1000 gems (or any other less than 1 stone items, it needs to weigh a few hundred stones total, anything over 100 stones seemed to work for me)
* A safe place to sit.

Set up by placing the gems in a single stack on the pack horse, stand next to it, and attempt to steal the stack of gems. Set a macro on a key to "useskill stealing + lasttarget". Clip down key with your favorite chip clip and go do something else.

Now, obviously you'll fail every steal, but it still gives you gains! For some reason it also never partial steals using a large stack of gems, so you never have to move items back. (I believe it's a bug in how the stealing code evaluates items < 1 stone, as those are all this seems to work with)

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Easy 70-120 Stealing on Siege
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:00:37 AM »
This is NOOB questions, but what is ROT?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Easy 70-120 Stealing on Siege
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:10:55 AM »
Rate Over Time I believe. On Siege and Mungen, after you hit 70.0 you can only gain .1 in a skill every x minutes depending on your skill level. You can take a look at my RoT sub in my library if you want more specific details.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: