Author Topic: TrailMyx's IDOC Finder v1.6  (Read 266935 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
TrailMyx's IDOC Finder v1.6
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:40:22 PM »
Code: [Select]
;-----------------------------------------------------------
; Script Name: TrailMyx's IDOC Locator
; Author: TrailMyx
; Version: 1.6
; Client Tested with: 5.0.9
; EUO version tested with: 1.5 109
; Shard: OSI, FS
; Revision Date:  3/26/2007
; Public Release: ...
; Global Variables Used: None
; Purpose/Features:
;  1) Scans surrounding area looking for houses in states of decay
;  2) Saves the location, name, time, date and condition to a log file.
;  3) Keeps two lists, one of those houses that are logged from previous searches
;     and another of signs found during the present search.  These are denoted by
;     "New!!!!" and "Logged"
;  4) Pause/Resume function.
;  5) Script will force your character to stop walking if a sign is not loaded.
;     This will make sure you don't miss a sign like you can with other IDOC searching tools
;     out there today.
;  6) Found IDOC houses are colored in the following colors:
;     Blue: Slightly
;     Green: Somewhat
;     Yellow: Fairly
;     Purple: Greatly
;     Red: IDOC
;
; Tips for better use:
;  1) Walking by holding down the R-button on the mouse causes event property to stall
;     during some searchs.  If you walk automatically by first pressing and holding the R-button
;     then holding the L-button, you won't miss any signs, so the script won't force
;     you to stop.
;
;  This script will generate two files:
;  1) SHARD_CHAR_IDOClog.txt holds the log of houses and their info
;  2) SHAR_CHAR_IDOCID.txt holds the FINDIDs of houses found on previous searchs that have been
;     saved with the "Save IDOC" key
;
; Enjoy, TM

Here's a new revision of my IDOC finder.  It's a bit more accurate because it will force your character to "stop" to allow for event property to work.

Additional features include nice logging, determining if an IDOC is a newly found one, or something that's already been logged from a previous search session.  The "mark" button will allow you to create a rune and automatically label it with the housename, date and time.  Be sure the house info isn't toggling because there is another house sign close, otherwise you'll get the wrong information.

Please read the header for some useful tips.

Enjoy!

Version history:

Version 1.4 - Release version
Version 1.5 - Test release, remark runes named "blank"
            - Includes house condition in rune mark info for j4bber.
Version 1.6 - Fixed bug in location of Pause button, added house signs for new content

TM

Important Note:
You should pause the script while in the city.  It goes mad for house signs, and will make it difficult to walk in a city because of the "stopping" function of the script.  Pause until you get out and running around hunting for IDOCs.  I will fix it so this doesn't happen, but for now you've been informed. :)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tool_idoc6.txt
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:23:05 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: TrailMyx's IDOC Finder v1.6
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 09:14:54 AM »
I love your idoc finder.  I just run around usual house placement areas and wait for the beeps.  I don't pay much attention to my screen except to make sure i'm not hitting the same areas twice.  What would be nice is if it could auto put it into a UOAM file so you can upload it later also.  Another thing i find is that sometimes it likes to search the signs that aren't exactly on my screen yet so my char ends up stopping because "the cursor is off the screen" so after it looks i just have to re-click my mouse and off and running i am again.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 10:30:49 AM »
Thanks, I use this one all the time myself.

I kinda have to search a wide area for this to work properly, otherwise you'll have to run closer to the signs by hand instead of letting the script do the work.  Also, since it does stop you even through you are far away at least it wakes you up and plots the coordinates so you can home into the dying sign by hand.

As for UOAM, that's dead in my eyes.  Soon, that won't be compatible with UO so unless someone comes up with a supported tool, I don't think I'll touch it.  I don't even use it anymore since I don't want to become dependent on it again.  Razor has something similar, but much less features that UOAM once did.  I use that when I need something.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 02:21:22 PM »
Posted version 1.6

New to version 1.6:
  • Added the two new house signs for OSI.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Peppar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Peppar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 12:06:45 AM »
Just tested it out yesterday and it works like a charm. Many thanks
Didient find any IDOC tho so better luck next time.

Btw with less ppl playing is it harder to find IDOC now ?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 12:38:01 AM »

Btw with less ppl playing is it harder to find IDOC now ?

Well sort of.  They go in waves and also people claim there's bugs in the IDOC code of OSI anyhow.  I'm not sure about that; I find them all the time.

But IDOCing was my first and favorite UO "profession".  :)  You can tell by all my IDOC-related scripts.  hehe.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 04:15:55 PM »
While I'm not 100% positive, I do believe there are three new house signs.  If it's just a typo on my part, I do apologize.  Here's where I'm referring to: Your post and here's what I have: ire_moe_sme.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 05:45:36 PM »
I added 2 of the three, so there must be one out there.  Thanks for the update; I'll add those and repost!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 05:51:08 PM »
Ok, I just checked and I added those into v1.6.  One was already in there from a previous version; I created the whole list by hand just to be sure I got everything the first time.  I didn't want to rely on the list from someone else.  :)

Thanks for the heads up, though.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 05:54:14 PM »
np at all  :)  I am currently working on a quite complex idoc finder and remember people on stratics talking about the signs and went ahead and found them in my house sign custom option.  When I used you finder, it was only then that i realized they were missing the one.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 11:01:29 PM »
I remember the first incarnation of this script was using some list of #FINDTYPES from some place on EasyUO somewhere.  However, one day I was wandering around and found one sign that was IDOC, but didn't trip my alarm.  It was that point I realized that if I didn't do the list myself, I couldn't guarantee it would catch them all.

Good luck with your IDOC script; the ones on EasyUO are pretty lame.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 09:01:37 AM »
Thanks TrailMyx, I too agree that most on Euo are substandard, that's why I fully intend to still use your Idoc finding script in conjunction with my 'roam' script.  It'll also be (hopefully) so customizable that any idoc script can be used along side it through the menu.  Imo, it's still a few weeks, if not months, away from completion. I have a lot to learn yet :)

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 10:05:14 PM »
This thing is wigging out on me.  I am not able to move because it wants to pathfind towards a house and it keeps skipping between the two houses it sees.  It changes every .5 secs.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 10:08:37 PM »
try using Follow Mouse, instead of holding down the mouse to move.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »
Yeah if your right click then left click I think it puts you into follow mouse and the resolves the issue.

Tags: TrailMyx IDOC Tools