Author Topic: anarchyPenguin - Possible coding in the future + Introduction  (Read 1869 times)

Offline anarchyPenguinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • anarchyPenguin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
anarchyPenguin - Possible coding in the future + Introduction
« on: October 25, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »
Howdy, most people call me aP and I'm a geek. I work for an ISP providing upper level tech support, and I've been to school for IT & Computer Science. I ran across the ScriptUO site while actually looking for an easy way to run two UO client windows. Started browsing, and liked what I saw. Anyways, I'll be looking into the language for scripting and possibly writing some of my own in the near future. Thanks for your time!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: anarchyPenguin - Possible coding in the future + Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
Hi Ap,

Tell us a little more...you play OSI or freeshard, what kinds of chars you like to play, what types of scripts are you looking for, or do you want to make?
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline anarchyPenguinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • anarchyPenguin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »
Currently I play OSI, although I have played around with my own free shard, but I didn't much care for it. I'd prefer not to disclose the shard I play on or my in game name, but I just started playing UO again. I stopped playing right before the first expansion came out and I went to EverQuest(EverCrack more like it). I enjoyed EQ when it was HARD, now it has become way too easy. I tried WoW for a while and after being in a high end raiding guild that was doing server firsts, I got tired of that hardcore raiding real quick.

Most of my programming experience is in VB .Net and C++. I do freelance web and graphic design, but haven't had much work lately so I had to bite the bullet and find a job. Luckily I found one where I can work from home all day! Yeah, it's nice, but it does have it's downfalls.

Anyways, some of the scripts I'm looking into creating are for tedious tasks ingame. Gold Farming, Skill Raising, and Resource Gathering. My first project for sure though is going to be writing a mining script with full support for pack horses, giant beetles, and fire beetles. I don't know the limits of the code yet so I will go no further than that. As for other scripts, I'm not really sure at the moment, I've though about possibly trying to mod the UOInterface before, but have never delved into it too much.

What kind of scripts are people looking to see nowadays? What would make your life easier?

EDIT: Eagerly awaiting my ability to download scripts :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 03:02:41 PM by anarchyPenguin »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »
Thank you for the great intro. Welcome to SUO. As far as scripts go, there are a ton of them here...take a look around and see what might be needed, there is also some VERY well written tutorials by Cerveza that will help you learn a bit about scripting..take a look around, have fun, and become part of a great community!

Ability Granted!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 03:07:07 PM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »
Welcome to the site!
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Tags: