Author Topic: New from Spain  (Read 3804 times)

Offline narvalTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • narval has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New from Spain
« on: October 30, 2009, 03:39:25 AM »
Hello Friends

Im UO player since a long time ago first in the begining I played in USA server on Sonoma with spanish guild after that when OSI open new server in europa I move to drachenfels server in this time will be my better experience to play, I remeber that to get GM of any skills spent a lot of hours of training in the house guild with your friends or training with some blocked pet ;) and when you leave of your house you was nervios or afraid because some PK comes to kill you, also in this time everybody need help from someone, after that I was banned for macroing mine :(, but you know I returned but in this case in Europa shard because drachanfels my friend move to Europa shard. Well now we play most of the time alone I like to make tamples and test them I don't like to PK peaople it's not my character or maybe is because I'm 36 years old  8), well this my UO resume experience.
About myself, well I'm from Spain we work in one purchase department in one Company but I'm lucky person because I have a lot of autonomy and some time conect my UO account in work in order to train some skills, hehehe. Well now i'm not play to much that I want because I have a baby 2 years old and you know she take most of my time, but is nice.
Well I don't know if there something to miss to explain. But I hope to be part of this community

Note: sorry about my english

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New from Spain
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:59 AM »
Hail and well met!  Nice intro and your english is fine.  I was able to understand everything you meant.  Welcome to SUO and if you need anything just ask, there are many smart people here that can help you out.

Is Spain in France?  If so, I have a serious question that I dont know and maybe you can answer me this.  Why are French sometimes called "Frogs"?  And is it an insult?  I mean no disrespect, I honestly dont know lol.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 04:07:38 AM »
Welcome to SUO Narval, Thank you for your nice intro. I wish the people that have English as a first language would take the time to look at this post and do as good a job!

Welcome..restricted status is lifted...have fun!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 07:05:10 AM »
Is Spain in France?  If so, I have a serious question that I dont know and maybe you can answer me this.  Why are French sometimes called "Frogs"?  And is it an insult?  I mean no disrespect, I honestly dont know lol.
http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/europe.html
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 07:23:43 AM »

Is Spain in France? 

Um...I dont even know what to say....
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 07:27:29 AM »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 07:29:19 AM »
How did the French get the nickname FROG?

It goes back to Queen Elizabeth the First of England, who was extremely fond of dancing. At the time dances involved quite a lot of leaping up. There was a young man in the French ambassadorial staff at the court who excelled at these leaps and the queen called him "My little frog". English courtiers were envious and started using the term as a deprecatory term for all French men. It passed into general use and has stayed there ever since.
See picture on http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volte

With regard to the myth that frogs are a staple French dish, when I have mentioned in France that this notion is held in England , I have met with total incredulity and a great deal of amusement too. Apparently, these days, very few people have eaten this delicacy, which is supposed to taste like chicken. I am told the restaurants that offer them on the menu have to import them at considerable expense from India because French frogs are too small. Chicken is a great deal cheaper!
You have to bear in mind that during wars and times of hardship the population has to make do with whatever is available and cannot be fussy about food.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 07:42:25 AM »
ty guys.  And sorry geography isint my best skill.  lol
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 07:46:03 AM »
From ShoutBox -- > Coragin: I am the king of unless knowledge!

Is Spain in France?  

Anyways ...

This reminds me of one time my sister flew in From England and was visiting me in Florida.. we went to a local bar were upon some tourist girl from Lousiana got curious of her accent and asked her where she was from... She of course replied England... the Lousiana girl proceeded to ask in all deadly seriousness .. what language do you speak thier and how did you learn English so well.....  

Well i nearly died laughing... especailly becuase my sister specailizes in these stupid questions (after working in American Summer camps when she was 18),,.. told her ow in England we speak spanish but i learnt English from American TV shows...

Unfortunatly forthe americans that do know thier Geography, your famous in forgiegn places for the ones that dont

PS Welcome Narval.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »
I'm still laughing so hard I almost cried!  Sorry Coragin, but that was some funny stuff! I needed that today!!!
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline narvalTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • narval has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 04:46:40 AM »
thanks of all replies

I haven't see the scripts yet, could you please give me permission to see it

Spain is not France, both are diferent countries, we are neighbors countries and about frogs, maybe is because france people eat legs frogs  :P

Post Merge: October 31, 2009, 04:50:29 AM
sorry my mistake, yes I see the scripts

thanks
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:50:29 AM by narval »

Tags: