Casa de TrailMyx > Wine & Spirits

2 buck Chuck (Shiraz), should you do it?

(1/2) > >>

TrailMyx:
For $1.99 at Trader Joe's, you can get a bottle of wine.  (with a cork!).  However, should you waste your 2 bucks on this Charles Shaw?  This year, I have to say NO way. I tried a bottle last night and pitched it.  This was the Shiraz 2006.  It was ok until I sensed what tasted like soaking nails.  Bleah.

Nicar:
I always worry about the 2-5 dollar wines. I'm getting married in Sept and we have to buy the beer/wine. My Stepmom said just get the St. Genevieve, the big bottles for like $5, but, I just do not know about the cheap bottles.

TrailMyx:

Nicar:
That would be hard to try coming from my mom too. Is the red table wine kinda like a Merlot/Pinot Noir/Cabernet?  Think that's why red table wine is scarry.

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: Nicar on June 29, 2008, 01:12:17 PM ---That would be hard to try coming from my mom too. Is the red table wine kinda like a Merlot/Pinot Noir/Cabernet?  Think that's why red table wine is scarry.

--- End quote ---

Yes, some of the table wines are blends of those you mention and more.  Really whatever is left aft the end of the day in quantity.  I just finished a $3.99/bottle version which I'll write a proper review of that's got like 7 different varieties.  Finally a cheap drinker that's not going to be put down the drain!  At the moment, I can't feel my toes.. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version