Casa de TrailMyx > Wine & Spirits

Vampire Merlot

(1/4) > >>

Nicar:
I'm not sure if my inexperience wine taste thinks this is a good Merlot at a decent price ($10), but I enjoy the flavors in it. Not as much of a wine buff as I am a beer buff, but, my family likes this wine. It may be because it also has a history. There's a Renessiance Festival every year outside of Houston, goes on for about 5 weekends. This Vampire line was one that this little wine shop sells. We got a bottle the first time ($22 at freakin festival) and my mom, brother and I enjoyed it. The next year we may of had 2 bottles of it and my mom bought 5 more bottles before two weeks later finding it for $10 bucks a bottle)

TrailMyx:
I will certainly look for this.  Being from Cali, I have all kinds of possibilities regarding wines.  Beer not so much, unless Germany calls again.  ;)

gateCrasher:

--- Quote from: Nicar on June 29, 2008, 08:44:44 AM ---I'm not sure if my inexperience wine taste thinks this is a good Merlot at a decent price ($10), but I enjoy the flavors in it. Not as much of a wine buff as I am a beer buff, but, my family likes this wine. It may be because it also has a history. There's a Renessiance Festival every year outside of Houston, goes on for about 5 weekends. This Vampire line was one that this little wine shop sells. We got a bottle the first time ($22 at freakin festival) and my mom, brother and I enjoyed it. The next year we may of had 2 bottles of it and my mom bought 5 more bottles before two weeks later finding it for $10 bucks a bottle)

--- End quote ---

I drink it from time to time. And i know all about the TexRenFest :) I was going every year until I moved out of Houston. Our usual tradition was to:
 * Arrive
 * Buy a commemorative goblet
 * Find the nearest vendor selling mead
 * Get chilled mead, pour into goblet
 * drink
 * rinse and repeat

The last time we went, we stumbled upon a mead tasting booth. By then we were 9 sheets to the wind, and spent a little time in there. The wives were outside giving us all the stink eye because the little wench behind the counter was boisterous and boobilicious.

/gC

Nicar:

--- Quote from: gateCrasher on July 02, 2008, 10:21:32 AM ---
I drink it from time to time. And i know all about the TexRenFest :) I was going every year until I moved out of Houston. Our usual tradition was to:
 * Arrive
 * Buy a commemorative goblet
 * Find the nearest vendor selling mead
 * Get chilled mead, pour into goblet
 * drink
 * rinse and repeat

The last time we went, we stumbled upon a mead tasting booth. By then we were 9 sheets to the wind, and spent a little time in there. The wives were outside giving us all the stink eye because the little wench behind the counter was boisterous and boobilicious.

/gC

--- End quote ---
Aren't they all boobilicious?   :)   mmm, how I enjoy it. Not mead, too sweet. got a pewter stein one year and a wooden one year before.. drinking out of both is good

TrailMyx:
Still checking around for this stuff with no avail.  I could use a little boobiliciousness too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version