General > Site News

The end is a new beginning.

(1/7) > >>

TrailMyx:
After the announced closure of ScriptUO, I was amazed by the outpouring of concern and support in PMs.  Many people offered either monetary help or just to plain take over the responsibilities of running this site.  I've got some pretty high standards for how to run a public site (as bitched about by the people failing the intro test).  That goes further from the administrative perspective making sure the site runs with relatively clean error logs and hand-modification of mods until they work just right.

After contemplating the potential of transferring ownership to a new person, I decided that'd be an acceptable option if the right person stepped forward. 

I've known and worked with Tidus for years and years now.  He's proven to know his way around network administration and has the available LAMP infrastructure to host this site and administer it going forward.  So in the next few days and weeks, he'll take over the full day-to-day hosting and administration of this site.  He's promised to maintain it, so hopefully what you see now will be what you'll see in a few years.  I always hate seeing site radicallly change their look because a site kinda becomes "homey" after a while and users feel a sense of loss when the site look/feel undergo changes.  ScriptUO only changed once (forced to) in its entire existence.  So hopefully he'll be able to keep that tradition alive.  (hopefully no conversions to VBulletin or that gawd-aweful Xenforo)

I'll stick around through the transition process and once the site is up and running smoothly at its new home (switching servers) then I'll depart these shores.

So help me in thanking and welcoming your new Admin, Tidus!  Gimlet has also enthusiastically re-volunteered to continue on as your Greeter-in-chief GMOD. 

So good news for you and hopefully this will infuse a bit of enthusiasm in the community as a whole.  (Har, he said a-hole).

All my best,
TM

Gandolf:
Sorry to see you go
Welcome , Tidus

gimlet:
So sorry to see you go Trail it has been fun and a good ride!
Welcome New Boss!

The Ghost:
Congrats on Tidus on winning the popularity contest .  Now that we have a king, who will  be the Queen.      Glad to see  this  friendly site will remain up and in good hand.   

Long live TIdus the first

cybercasper:
TIME FOR THE KING TO GO LONG LIVED KING TM.

WELCOME THE NEW KING. KING TIDUS MAKE THE PEOPLE PROUD :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version