General > Site News

Forum Updates

(1/2) > >>

Tidus:
So SUO has been with SMF Forum since the beginning of SUO.  Since there are other options out there I was just wondering what people's thoughts were on us moving Forum backend from SMF to Xenforo.

The Ghost:
We didn't have an update few years ago, when we were able to add colour in out code.

I have no idea with one is the best, The easier for you will be the best for us.  we can adapt to the new face :)

TrailMyx:
From a users perspective, I was never a fan of Xenforo.  I can't speak toward admin in Xenforo.  But I can nearly always tell when I'm using a Xenforo site.  Such a basic user experience.

VBulletin is terrible - that I have more experience with and hated every moment of it.

I dunno, resurrecting all the functions and features we have now will take a huge amount of time.  I know I worked for nearly 2 weeks on and off to get the EasyUO code highlighting working correctly. (if you look at the code highlighting on EasyUO, they never got it right - phpBB)

There's something to be said about once you get something up and running that it doesn't give you any headaches for years.  Just say'in.

Tidus:

--- Quote from: TrailMyx on December 10, 2019, 11:34:49 AM ---From a users perspective, I was never a fan of Xenforo.  I can't speak toward admin in Xenforo.  But I can nearly always tell when I'm using a Xenforo site.  Such a basic user experience.

VBulletin is terrible - that I have more experience with and hated every moment of it.

I dunno, resurrecting all the functions and features we have now will take a huge amount of time.  I know I worked for nearly 2 weeks on and off to get the EasyUO code highlighting working correctly. (if you look at the code highlighting on EasyUO, they never got it right - phpBB)

There's something to be said about once you get something up and running that it doesn't give you any headaches for years.  Just say'in.

--- End quote ---

That is why i put a poll out there :)

Crisis:
There are quite a few things I don't like about SMF but then I am use to it here so it would be kind of odd using something else. I like Xenforo but would hate to lose things like the rep and shout box. I would say leave it as is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version