General > Site News

Forum Updates

<< < (2/2)

Endless Night:
If it aint broke dont fix it....    I like the current platform,  no idea if i have used the other one.   Would changing platforms make it easier to manage add new features or have other benefits ??    If it doesn't come with some amazing newness I would reamin as we are.      For kicks and giggles you could always do a dummy install of the platform and just see now easy porting everything would be.

freddy:

--- Quote from: TrailMyx on December 10, 2019, 11:34:49 AM ---VBulletin is terrible - that I have more experience with and hated every moment of it.

--- End quote ---

I really liked using vbulletin with the last site I ran (a decade now ago?) - lots of customization, but that was also in 2009 lol. I was able to add a lot of cool stuff, but I know the internet has changed a lot since then.  i don't think it's worth the money these days.

Personally, I think SUO is fine how it is - a redesign/change of platform isn't going to attract a ton of new users because nobody really cares about UO anymore. Why change things up when scriptuo works fine as it is?

Tidus:
Thanks for the replies everyone!  One reason was because of the Discord Webhooks and other webhooks.  I was able to get something to work for SMF.  So now every new member and post gets put into a discord channel! 

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: freddy on December 13, 2019, 12:24:18 AM ---.....nobody really cares about UO anymore.....

--- End quote ---

This is a very sad but true statement.  For SUO, I look back at the site traffic in the hayday of SUO, and I can't believe how much traffic we got.  We get 1/10th of that now.  :(

Cush:
I appreciate every persons hard work and contributions to this forum.

I think whatever is easiest for you all to manage is just fine. I will figure it out one way or another in time :-) or ask a ton of questions like a noob after reading through it all. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version