Casa de TrailMyx > Xbox 360

replacment parts for xbox 360?

(1/5) > >>

bodfather:
  My mini me gamer boy fried his xbox 360. The game shop clown said the processor was fried and wanted to keep it to "dispose of it" for me but i'm wondering if there's any way possible to fix this?

I know somebody here knows all about this stuff and will tell me the truth.

Thanks!!

Tidus:
It is done.  The cost to replace would be the same cost to buy. 360s will get cheaper probably now that the Xbox One came out.  How do you know the processor fried though?  Is it a 3 ring of death?

bodfather:

--- Quote from: Tidus on December 09, 2013, 02:45:38 PM ---It is done.  The cost to replace would be the same cost to buy. 360s will get cheaper probably now that the Xbox One came out.  How do you know the processor fried though?  Is it a 3 ring of death?

--- End quote ---

Yeah lol. It's the red ring of death. I was hoping for a cheap fix but the guy at the shop took it apart and confirmed the processor.

Tidus:
if it is 3 rings. It is not the processor.  If you get the E79 code it is the processor.   What you need to do. Take apart the 360.  unplug the fan.  Run it until the 3 ring turns into 2 rings.  Then put it back together and turn it on.  It should now run and will give you a message about overheating.

Coragin:
This is the Ghetto way, but should get it running again...
(Mind you I buy 360's by the pallet broken, fix and resell, last pallet was 80)

1. Turn it on.
2. Take a hair dryer, HIGH heat LOW SPEED.
3. Point it into the rear vents about 6" away from it, depending on strength of heat from blow dryer.
4. Keep an eye on the rear plastic and try not to melt it (Its easy to do when you get it real hot, and that is what you want to do here.)
5. After about 2-2.5 minutes place your palm on the top of the 360, make sure it got nice and hot in there, we want over 100c right around to 110c the melting point of the solder is like 126c.  Dont worry you wont break it worse.
6. While the hair dryer is still running turn off the 360 and back on (Remember you want to be heating it up while its running not while its off).  If it dont boot continue turning it off and back on until it does.  That should reset the internal protection.

;)

WTF didnt post!  Better this time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version