Author Topic: New guy!  (Read 776 times)

Offline BulldogTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bulldog has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New guy!
« on: May 18, 2022, 12:43:31 AM »
Hi Folks I am back playing UO first started in 1999 and I am loving the Orion Client and learning Java script

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New guy!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 03:30:39 AM »
A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughtful introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!
Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the stickied examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a couple paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in English.)

Offline BulldogTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bulldog has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 03:37:49 PM »
Well where do I start. I am a happily married man of almost 50. Far too old to be playing video games. I am a very keen chess player. I originally started playing UO in 1999. At the time I worked for IBM at the Daresbury lab looking at safety systems primarily for the nuclear industry and completed my first PHD thesis using Q, Lisp and Assembly language. In the early days of UO I played a character called Ping and used the 'super fast' JANET to pown nubs with a gm kryss and posioning. I played in the early hero v evil system and started to discover literally 100s of exploits that could be achieved due to the architecture of the game system and its flat file regional saves.  I found UO almost unplayable at home on a 48k Modem connect to AOL and Freeserve so i payed BT 15k to install a dual ISDN line. The character Shade was born (well actually two of them one who would suffer stat loss if killed and one 'just' red chase me version) I used to really enjoy picking people off on the edge of champ spawns and wrote my first automation for uo which was for a thief that would stand by the alter :) I really got addicted to UO and team play on Europa when they introduced the faction system. Hatchet Harry's castle being literally full of Minax's finest. In 2004 I started my own company and simply didn't have the time to play anything. Fast forward to 2019 and my initial return. I tried some free shards including the excellent Outlands using Classic UO and then went back onto the official OSI servers on EC after they found 4 of my old accounts. At first there was loads (15 years worth) of new content but that quickly got boring. I dabbled in a few scripts on UOS, LUA and EasyUO to train chars and do simple tasks. I tried to pvp but alas my reflexes have gone! So again I stopped playing. Then I got a message about fixing some Java Script in the Orion client. That was a couple of weeks ago and I am so impressed with the client I am compiling a full function library and writing a guide to help people.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 03:50:23 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 02:58:46 AM »
Awesome update! I am so glad more people here are getting into Orion, it is an amazing client. Welcome to SUO!

Tags: