Scripting Resources & Utilities > Orion UO Scripts

Building a Lumberjacking Script

(1/7) > >>

altiric:
Altiric's Amazing Arborist v0.1 (Works in Ter Mur)

A simple Lumberjack script that lets you harvest wood from your house. All you need is a secure container and an axe!

Load this one into your Scripts Tab, run Autostart, and you're up and running.

Finally been getting around to releasing my lumberjack script. Since there are a lot of people trying to learn more about scripting for Orion, I will be releasing this one in stages. Not to say my way is the best way, but it works lol. The first stage was just a matter of getting the bones together. Once i was able to find, walk to, and chop trees; I added support for the pack animal, then secure drop. I added a few messages to show where the script was in its operation, then sat back and let it run. Once i got the kinks worked out, i removed any extra bits i had and tossed a v0.1 on it!

Revisions:
 * v0.2
 *  -Added GUI
 *  -Moved action messages to gump
 *  -Updated chopping to make sure axe is held
 *  -Added counter for all items listed in harvestTypes(stored in registry)
 *  -Added gump display for harvestTypes
 * v0.1
 *  -Added ability to find trees, walk up to the closest one, and chop it
 *  -Added logs2boards
 *  -Added pack animal support
 *  -Added secure drop
 *  -Added action messages

v0.2 - I plan on adding a GUI and Counter system. ** in progress **
v0.3 - Will have rune book capability
v0.4 - Looking for suggestions :)

Bulldog:
Nice work again bud. I think in terms of suggestions you could easily adapt the same core principals to mining for example.

The Ghost:
MwInc have a simple lumber and Minijg script that was easy to set up.   Did the leg work :)    This can be a good base of compassion.
12X have a nice mining as well,  have not used it as much.

If not already include,  can you ensure that you cut log into board plx.:) this way you can carry more.    thx in advance

Orion:  I notice that you can scan an area and get 50 tree load up and just walk to all of them .

altiric:
The mining script is a big part of why i did this. Ive been working on a full blown mining script, on and off... for about 4 months. Its still not done because i kept trying to throw in everything at once and it gets over complicated, then the bugs move in. This method gets you a working script right off the bat, then you can make it as pretty as you want bit by bit.
Post Merge: May 20, 2022, 12:58:32 PM
--- Quote from: The Ghost on May 20, 2022, 12:51:44 PM ---MwInc have a simple lumber and Minijg script that was easy to set up.   Did the leg work :)    This can be a good base of compassion.
12X have a nice mining as well,  have not used it as much.

If not already include,  can you ensure that you cut log into board plx.:) this way you can carry more.    thx in advance

Orion:  I notice that you can scan an area and get 50 tree load up and just walk to all of them .

--- End quote ---

12X has the best mining script out there as far as im concerned. Ive used his structure in several of my own scripts, its just got a nice flow to it and is well designed.

Logs2Boards is in there.

That's how this one works! after getting the array full of trees, it uses some lovely JavaScript array manipulation to compare with the choppedTrees array and move the trees around in the array so you always walk to the closest one too you.

The Ghost:
I try that one , include evething on my list and nothing was working.  so now I build the basic, run  some good test run and add sub as needed.    I do have a good collection of version, something up to 26  heheood look on the mining

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version