Author Topic: Sampire V2.0  (Read 173467 times)

Offline batotero

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • batotero has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire V2.0
« Reply #225 on: December 24, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »
the amount of dex will depend on the speed of my sword or mace or fencing?

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 25, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
What is the best suit out there right now for sampires in shame doing vortexes?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 25, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:43:49 AM by Ultima »

Offline Abyss

• May I buy a "2"?
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Abyss has no influence.
  • RAWR!!!
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »
Pulled my sampire out last night....Used Soul Seeker and noticed my Mana Leech isn't near what it used to be... Have they made any changes to it in the last ohhh year or so?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
IT all depend on the amounts of damage you are doing. LMC on your suit and the type of special you are using.  using primary/secondary ability over and over cost more. on IA+ LS+LS or IA+IA+LS+LS  it ok.

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2015, 05:43:14 AM »
Ok been reading all the post have a question if there is any new template out there right now. I'm running this template but looking to make a new spawner that can solo anything.

120 swords
120 tact
120 anat
105 bush (+15 on ring)
99 nerco
96 chiv
60 parry

if anyone has any ideas where I can tweak my char please let me know or if there is a better template period for soloing all bosses from peerless to SA to regular champs

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2015, 06:23:31 AM »
All the template are good,  some seen to be better then other or suited for a different style of poeple and play.  I read and see long discussion on Stractic forum about that.  At the end is how YOU want to play.    Here my two cent.

your Cycber in my bookyour build is for player that play PvM one and one or just a few monster at the time. This is good for farming money. I use something close to it for that purpuse  Doing lot of damage and little healing involve.   

I do find that having 80 Chiv is enough to get the 100 damage bonus and get your bush to 120 real to free up room on jewelry for STR, dex
Code: [Select]
120 swords
120 tact
120 anat
120 bush
100 nerco
80 chiv
60 parry

Now if you are quick with your finger and can like walking a fine line sometime. I mean that your HP get something close to 20.  If you miss the warning sign of low life will be saying OooOO.   I use this template.  it not for every one.  An Asian show me this template and how to play it.

Now this  is the only one I use.:    To use this is you need to be dealing lot of damage and leech lot of life.  The more monster u can target, the more HP u have and more monster die.  the end result is champ are advancing quick.   If you notice you need to use bush and chi to heal if your Vam Embrace  don't leech enough.   I remove anatomy because if only deal few more point of damage. seen healing don't fit with the build didn't make any sense to add it.  Resist was more useful in my mind, help with the para, curse and other little thing.   
Code: [Select]
120 swords
120 tact
120Resist
120 bush
100 nerco
80 chiv
60 parry

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2015, 01:55:18 AM »
What about ditching Chiv for Lumberjack bonus? Chiv EoO counts against the 100% DI cap, the LJ bonus doesn't. No need for cures while in Vamp form, slayers negate consecrate and old runebooks negate chiv travel, the new ones are bugged and require magery/chiv to recall.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:05:30 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2015, 07:14:05 AM »
What about ditching Chiv for Lumberjack bonus? Chiv EoO counts against the 100% DI cap, the LJ bonus doesn't. No need for cures while in Vamp form, slayers negate consecrate and old runebooks negate chiv travel, the new ones are bugged and require magery/chiv to recall.

Alot use Chiv just for divine Fury which boosts back up your stamina.  Low stamina on a Sampire can be deadly. Granted the right weapon resolves this.

Also EoO does help when fighting hard hitting bosses.  As it also negates their damage dealt to you.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 24, 2015, 06:14:43 AM »
A couple of points you might misunderstand...

EoO doesn't count agains a 100% DI cap. EoO doesn't even count against the 300% Base Damage Increase cap (items, tactics, anatomy, LJ, Divine Fury, Grapes of Wrath, strength, etc). EoO is actually part of the Damage Modifier category which applies AFTER your base damage increase is applied to the target resist, etc.

Slayer weapons don't negate Consecrate Weapon, 100% elemental weapons do when the proper element is chosen against the proper target (although higher levels of Chiv also get the benefit of additional Damage Modifier Increase but that usually doesn't apply with the typical Sampire templates).

Now on the Damage Modifier category, slayer weapons can indeed negate EoO because if it's a properly alligned slayer (not super slayer) the max 300% damage modifier is reached without anything else. HOWEVER, there are plenty of creatures that have NO slayer other than a super-slayer, for example you need a Repond for Barracoon, so you need to increase your Damage Modifier to get closer to that 300% mark, you can't really get there without EoO which can get you as much as another 82% (or something like that) damage modifier based on your Chiv level.

So, for example, if you are fighting a Blood Elemental with a Blood Elemental Slayer weapon then EoO will do nothing but if you're using an Elemental Slayer then they will help.

I don't believe EoO has any bearing whatsoever on negating damage dealt to you, in fact it's kind of the opposite in that once you are alligned against one creature type different types will do MORE damage to you. So, if you EoO target Blood elementals you do more damage to those while everything BUT Blood Elementals can do more damage to you.

Considering the typical Sampire template is extremely tight as it is it would be tough to justify the loss of Chiv for LJ but hey, it's all about how you like to play! Personally I'd go for fitting 120 Anatomy AND as much Resist as possible if I dropped Chiv, not go with LJ. 100 Anatomy vs 100 LJ is 55% DI vs 30% DI plus you aren't limited to using only Axe items.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2016, 01:28:44 AM »
Great reply and yeah, it's a tight build. I've been really pushing the limits on my template and have spent a fortune in the process. In fact I don't think I can even call my Sampire a Sampire anymore but he absolutely destroys without ever feeling vulnerable now.

you can't really get there without EoO

Yeah you can, I hit the 300% mark without a slayer(100% DI on gear + 120 anat + 120 tactics +150 str =288%). I added 60 LJ to hit 300 even and tested EoO, it gave me exactly 0 increased damage so it is stuck under the cap. I since removed LJ completely, turns out there are better skills to use the points on  ;)

Something else I noticed was that bushido, with my current gear(insanely expensive, built around 2 RNG Legendary pieces that cost 300m each), was also not worth its weight damage wise. I better understand the mechanics now and honoring a creature to build up the damage from consecutive strikes was also giving me no bonus anymore so it is also under cap. Lightning strike hit chance increase was wasted since the gear has cap of that as well. The lightning strike damage bonus(200% or so) did occasionally kick in but too infrequently for my liking so I removed Bushido to keep testing.

From there I questioned Parrying since without Bushido I'd need a shield and I ended up replacing it with healing, damage blocked and damage healed come out as a wash though healing has the added benefit of fairly frequent mid-heal cures that don't block the heal itself. When the healing attempt reaches the 50% of timer mark it makes a cure attempt... I got hooked on that. I also like that if I finish a fight low on health I am not stuck waiting to regen a bit(no chiv), the heal tops me up fast.

So at that point I had the following as base. Skill cap is 780 with my gear.

120 swords
120 tactics
120 anat
100 healing
100 necro

POISONING: I used a 2h double Axe as weapon for double strike and whirlwind and kept messing with other skills and eventually found I really liked poisoning on him. The poisoning mastery, via injected strike, lets you hit lethal poison 100% of the time at gm skill on anything not resistant or immune to it. The best part is that it works on non-infecting weapons like my axes and also debuffs the target to poison! It doesn't go off, or waste charges, unless you toggle the injected strike ability which is also nice and even then it applies regularly without using charges. I like the poisoning mastery a lot right now, it works great with Anatomy.

For the last 120 pts I usually go with 120 resist but have to admit that I now swap in 120 Chiv instead depending on situation, I have a full set of lesser slayers but where there are mixed type spawns it's easier to go with consecrate. I suppose I could go with something like 60/60 but that's laziness, I already have 120 of each and a soulstone + I like consecrate to last a little longer, it already wears off too fast imo. Neither of these skills is a factor in most situations though so I'm still trying to find something I like more with that last 120 pts. No luck yet.

I'm not done yet, but happy with a balanced character and faster kills(+poison) with healing more than makes up for parrying, imo. I don't miss the parrying damage mechanics either. If you don't have hundreds of millions to spend however I wouldn't recommend this build to anyone, every piece is expensive. It also suits my playstyle and preferred locations well but might bomb with yours, testing and retesting is key.

Tip: Make sure your real skill hits 100. 90+30 is not the same as 100+20 due to how the extra damage amount is added for having 100 skill. If you have 90+30, for example, you don't get the bonus with some skills.

EDIT for clarification: 100% poisoning with the mastery skill at level 3 and deadly poison placed on your weapon with inJected strike = Deadly Poison damage, not lethal. You only get lethal with a inFected strike weapon. Not only that but you probably want to have 100 poisoning and not 90 poisoning otherwise you're going to fail a LOT trying to poison a 2h axe, for example.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:56:10 PM by Gemviper »

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2016, 06:59:53 AM »
Just another update on the post above. Next on my testing was replacing poisoning/resist with music and provo and I have to tell you that the character feels so versatile now it's threatening to become my PvM main(though poison/resist held it's own in pvp). The poison/resist is ideal for tough creatures but since the gear is designed for a sampy(leeching, necro etc) and uses a double axe(whirlwind, double strike) it's bread and butter is being surrounded by lots of creatures, the more the better. Music and Provo fit right into that since I can still whirlwind a big group while provoking the tougher ones together or onto a boss. Survivability is through the roof and the more creatures there are, or longer the fight lasts, the DPS goes up and not down.

- 120 swords
- 120 tact
- 110 anat
- 100 necro (for vamp form)
- 110 healing
- 120 music
- 120 provo
- full 81% life/mana leech minor slayer elemental damage weapon set(might be my playstyle/locations but I'm never needing stam leech)
- put SSI on armor, not weapons, to keep leaching from dropping to 62%. 150 dex + 35 SSI + double axe = max SS on a 3.25 speed double axe

That weapon + necro is more important to a Sampy than Bushido or Chiv, imo. Curse the wep vs a boss. I did the math on my gear, 1.2 plat(1200 million), and that's WITH me making/imbuing the player made parts myself. I couldn't have made it without the two insane legendary RNG items it was built around. The mark of travesty mask is the cheapest item on the suit but being able to swap it out for +10's in a travesty mask with other skills(ie:healing+anat, swords+tact, music+provo etc) turned out to be huge in testing since the rest of the mask's stats don't change. You can POF it up to 255 too, it's a very versatile piece for the head slot even if not the highest intensity available on the head slot.

I'm wondering if EA secretly nerfed the FOTM bushido/chiv builds because they stayed FOTM too long, either way I'm not missing Bushido, Chiv OR parry one bit. I also highly recommend you aim for gear to bring you to 780 skill cap with nothing less than 100 real in a skill, it's doable.

What I'm ultimately finding is that gear trumps skill, the better the gear the less need you have for Bushido/Chiv/Parry mechanics and you don't need to put INT on the gear or character, you'll end up with around 65 mana with 11 real int with mad regen/leech.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:23:14 AM by Gemviper »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2016, 09:08:45 AM »
Sounds fun!

Personally my reason for playing a samp is to 1v1 against higher level bosses (peerless, champs, etc). How is your template doing against, say, Dreadhorn or similar?
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2016, 05:36:19 PM »
Haven't tried Dreadhorn with it yet, I've been testing it at the Tokuno champ spawn solo. Clearing the waves with poisoning and resist is easy, 1st wave I just aggro all the mobs and kill them with 1 whirlwind. Wave 2 I do the same except I don't stand in the goo that drops from kappas, it drains life fast if you have 5-6 of them dropping it at your feet(ie:whirlwind, move a couple tiles, repeat). Wave 3 is also simple though I try to avoid fighting more than 2-3 of the revenant lions at a time, I start injecting poison on those from my double axe via mastery ability and I start to notice that resist skill kicks in, they lower your stats a lot but resist shortens the duration. Poisoning them also forces them to cure instead of cast at you as often. The lesser Hiryus are straight up physical damage, you can fight as many of those at a time as you want but if 2-3 lions sneak into the fray you feel it. Wave 4 is the same as wave 3 but I pay closer attention to singling out the Oni's without too many Hiryu's around when I can. That sounds counter intuitive to what Sampies do(more targets is better etc) but I don't care if you're using god mode, a bunch of hard hitting spells at once drops anyone.

Serado is a straight up toe to toe, he hits hard but doesn't hit fast enough to kill me before I can heal, usually. When he connects hard your bandage timer starts so he basically has 5 seconds to finish you off at most, he needs you to miss during those 5 seconds or life leech kicks in and you're fully healed. Cursing the weapon helps but is usually overkill. I swap out an Axe built for him that has snake slaying and no area hit or elemental damage, for the rest I go with a cold elemental, cold area double axe with reptile slaying. None of my axes have SSI since I hit cap with 180 stam + 10 SSI + 150 str so they leech 81% instead of 62% and none have stam leech. The 10 SSI is on my ring but you could go with a 5 SSI ring and the ranger's cloak to lower the PIA factor of finding the best +10 SSI ring. If you're REALLY lucky you'll score a +30 DI instead of +25 DI on the ring too and you can enhance the DI from 40 up to 50 on your wep and get the other 20 from something like a Soldier's Medal talisman to hit 100, 3 slots and done. There is a sliver doom reward ring, forget the name, that has 75% DI so it *could* be 2 slots to 100 DI but I couldn't make it work without coming up short on something.

I'll test on the others soon, I like to build suits dedicated for individual spawns. I can tell you that gear matters, even the 75% resist to physical instead of 70% is noticeable. That last 10% you squeeze into a suit feels like it makes 50% of the difference.

I'm done with Bushido and Chiv, and maybe even parry I think. I wouldn't be surprised if they secretly nerfed the combo behind the scenes since they were so overdone. I get around just fine with recall scrolls in my old style runebook(new style is bugged still) and double attempt bandage cures work just fine if vamp form doesn't clear the poison first.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:30:23 PM by Gemviper »

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2016, 07:16:35 PM »
Another update, testing never ends. The short amount of time reduction that resisting spells gives to curse/weaken isn't very useful when I am constantly fighting the same time of mob over and over, they keep casting it so I'm essentially cursed/weakened all the time anyway. It has benefits on the boss but I took it off to try poison with Focus Attack from Ninjitsu, instead of double strike primary ability from my double axe which is a huge mana drain.

The result, I was surprised to actually feel a different with how much extra I was leeching back. Instead of having an 81% chance it's 100%(actually well over 100%, my weapon says it's above 121%) so you leech on every hit. The Hit Area spell benefits too, 50% is max imbuable but that goes up a lot too, mine goes off a lot now. If your weapon has only 62% leech chance because of SSI on it this still brings it near 100% for one hit. It costs 1/3 of the mana compared to double strike and has a damage increase instead of the 10% penalty on DS.

The best part, you never fizzle it at 67.5 and rarely fizzle it at 60, which is also enough to boost leech chance to 100%. You can park it at 60 skill on your template and not need much extra skill to cover everything. If you fight a boss without this you have to hope you don't miss and if you hit you have to hope you pass the leech check, with this you leech every hit.

Tags: