Author Topic: Enhanced Client  (Read 13124 times)

Offline joe_speededTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • joe_speeded has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Enhanced Client
« on: January 27, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
A little curious about the enhanced client and its compatibility with a runuo server that doest directly support it. I heard that the old Krrios client aka Sallos was based off of this Enhanced Client which is a later version of Ultima.

Has anyone found some kind of work around? I've found the login.cfg which allows me to change the login server, but I dont think the server is allowing me to get in due to runuo restrictions. I've also read snippets about encryption, perhaps there is a way to trick the server into thinking my client is older? or even replacing the artwork and gump files (which will be hard considering they are using different file names)

Something to discuss, I think it would be fun and interesting to use the enhanced client when no one else on my server is.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Enhanced Client
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
enhanced client is *bleep*.

/thread

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:46:23 PM »
A little curious about the enhanced client and its compatibility with a runuo server that doest directly support it. I heard that the old Krrios client aka Sallos was based off of this Enhanced Client which is a later version of Ultima.

Has anyone found some kind of work around? I've found the login.cfg which allows me to change the login server, but I dont think the server is allowing me to get in due to runuo restrictions. I've also read snippets about encryption, perhaps there is a way to trick the server into thinking my client is older? or even replacing the artwork and gump files (which will be hard considering they are using different file names)

Something to discuss, I think it would be fun and interesting to use the enhanced client when no one else on my server is.
http://code.google.com/p/kprojects/downloads/detail?name=UoSALoader_2.2.zip&can=2&q=

But Runuo Server also need to modify their code to allow those connections and handle em.

If you like to customize a client i would suggest to learn how to use http://fluorescence-client.org/ i remember back then they can load graphics from bitmaps instead of uop\mul so you can easy modify your client

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »
Ill check it out, right now Im messing around with the old MUL files using uofiddler, but if i can mod the enhanced client instead that'd be a lot of saved work. I'll be honest, I'm a die hard fan of ultima, even in 2d, but i've been playing it for over 10 years and I could use something to spice it up and make it "mine".

Simply changing up the interface would do it for me, but getting some of these 3d "looking" stuff in there would be even more fun. I tend not to have fun playing a game, but modding it, hacking it, tearing it apart. Dunno why o.O

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 05:16:08 AM »
Ill check it out, right now Im messing around with the old MUL files using uofiddler, but if i can mod the enhanced client instead that'd be a lot of saved work. I'll be honest, I'm a die hard fan of ultima, even in 2d, but i've been playing it for over 10 years and I could use something to spice it up and make it "mine".

Simply changing up the interface would do it for me, but getting some of these 3d "looking" stuff in there would be even more fun. I tend not to have fun playing a game, but modding it, hacking it, tearing it apart. Dunno why o.O
fluorescence-client would be your best friend, due the fact you can save data and reload into client without modify mul\uop:)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:52:28 AM »
www.iris2.de/ seems to be a bit dead at the moment, but at one time it was pretty cool when it ran on Alexandria.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 11:31:45 AM »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 01:04:08 PM »
Yeh, I kinda got that impression since the last official updated was a couple years ago.  I thought it was a great project.

Here's a thread where I was running around in Luna/Alexandria using their 2d and 3d modes.
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1986.0;highlight=iris
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 09:05:27 PM »
Yeh, I kinda got that impression since the last official updated was a couple years ago.  I thought it was a great project.

Here's a thread where I was running around in Luna/Alexandria using their 2d and 3d modes.
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1986.0;highlight=iris
yeah iris were good, if you knowed where the proxy and the script mode were ;)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 09:38:05 PM »
I messed around with iris2, got it running on all kinds of shards that dont directly support it, but it would work with razor, assistuo, etc and I got lazy. It had potential, but wasn't my style. Ill take a look at that uop thing, thats what I wanted I think.

Tags: