Author Topic: How Did This Player Name His Character I  (Read 6129 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
How Did This Player Name His Character I
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »
I just saw a guy in luna on Siege that somehow was able to create a character named I.

Any one know how he did it?

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ScreenHunter_09 Jul. 03 09.37.jpg

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How Did This Player Name His Character I
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »
His name is actually I[space].

back in the day to make a chr with one letter name, you would just put in the letter and his space. Since space was a registered character for names, it was accepted. Not the case anymore.

(Same way I have a character with _ at the end of his name)

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How Did This Player Name His Character I
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:41:07 PM »
Yeah, I have one of those on baja too. Used to drive one of my guildmates crazy. He was writing a script that would bless/Res/etc any guild member who Said something in guild chat, but that space after my name just messed with everything.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: