Author Topic: This just started happening, help pls...  (Read 5391 times)

Offline GrandewdTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
This just started happening, help pls...
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »
Hi all,

I was working on a crafting script last night, when the oddest thing began happening with the client. I thought it was because I was using Event macro 31 to close gumps and then was forgetting to re-open them properly - and I know that not having Status open can cause trouble.  So, I'm working thru that and debugging with F7 - but, out of nowhere I'm getting a message telling me that I must wait to use another skill... ( in the pic below: )
I can wait and wait and no scripts are running and I can walk and open containers manually... Wtf is causing this to happen?

Any and all ideas are welcome....
 :-[

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: This just started happening, help pls...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »
Are you using Razor?

Have you closed and restarted the client?

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
Are you using Razor?

Have you closed and restarted the client?

Hi 12, thx for the ideas.
Not using Razor (although I probably should ).  If I close/restart the client all is good.... But I sure don't want to script that into my script... Plus, I'm really curious as to what would cause this...

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 12:32:25 PM »
This happens sometimes.  The only solution is to close/reopen the client.  You may need to adjust your waits in your script to slow things down a bit to prevent this in the future.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 12:35:25 PM »
This came about from the Developers Intertwining the Skill wait timer into the Crafting Menu.

Not sure why it seems to be a permanent issue for you though. Another Bet would be to try crossing a server line.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
This happens sometimes.  The only solution is to close/reopen the client.  You may need to adjust your waits in your script to slow things down a bit to prevent this in the future.

I will play with them and see if I can get this to quit...  Much thx TM

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »
This came about from the Developers Intertwining the Skill wait timer into the Crafting Menu.

Not sure why it seems to be a permanent issue for you though. Another Bet would be to try crossing a server line.

Yea, I always wondered why using the crafting menu didn't "use" a skill in the sense of other skills and their associated waits...  I notice that this happens on my 5th skill (haven't experimented with changing the order used in my script, but I might do that and see if the problem is associated with the use of a 5th skill within a certain period of time or if it's somehow only associated with Imbuing (which is what I'm doing when this happens)...  I suppose I could post the script here if anybody wants to play with it, but someone like TM or Kali would look at it and wonder how I manage to brush my teeth...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 04:04:16 PM »
OH, if its imbuing then it is probably your imbuing menu being left up.

The Kill gump probably doesn't properly Close it, so the game still thinks that it is open.

it won't let you use another skill while the Gump is open.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 04:18:21 PM »

The Kill gump probably doesn't properly Close it, so the game still thinks that it is open.

I'm lookin at all the waits I have in my master crafting menu (it's for gaining on SP every 12mins and it's all timed accordingly) that does Tinkering, Tailoring, Carpentry, Blacksmith and Imbuing for their respective .1 gains every 12 mins.  I did have an issue with gumps not closing properly and that's when I started using Event macro 31 to close the gumps and made a sub to re-open backpack, status bar, and the resource container.  I know that there are no gumps on screen when this happens, but you're sure pointing me in what I think is the right direction... I'll let you know... :-[

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
Your Best bet with Imbuing is to wait for the Gump to Reopen after every Time you use it, and Close it. if that makes sense.

Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »

Your Best bet with Imbuing is to wait for the Gump to Reopen after every Time you use it, and Close it. if that makes sense.

Manwinc, you're right on the mark on all counts. I was using event macro 31 to kill all gumps, but when you mentioned that the kill gump doesn't properly close it - I was able to reproduce the problem immediately and without fail every time.  Event macro 31 works great on every gump I've come across - except Imbuing.  In fact, I was using em31 to close gumps after each of 5 Craftsman skills, but only the Imbuing gump would cause the "you must wait to use another skill" mandatory reboot.  But come to think of it, all the normal craftsman gumps were created at the same time - no doubt by the same team. And the Imbuing gump came years later... Guess they just don't make coders like they used to... :)  Anyway, problem solved...

It would help others if this info was contained in a footnote in the WikiDocs...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »
Phhhh Much knowledge would be useful if it were contained as a footnote on wiki docs! But sadly the majority of good coders over at EUO don't really Play OSI.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 07:56:58 PM »
Yea, I just can't get away from my 15yr old chars and all their memories on Pac... Seems like a lifetime sometimes... As in, it would be difficult for me to say goodbye to all these amazing pixel memories...  ;)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »
YEs that is why most of us are still here :)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »
I mainly play Siege but now I am training characters on Atlantic with Pacific coming next!

Tags: