Author Topic: Thought I would conform to your new member policy...  (Read 3063 times)

Offline NylarTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nylar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Thought I would conform to your new member policy...
« on: January 08, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »
Haha so are you trying to weed out the illiterates? Or the Lazy's?

I figured after prowling around your site for a few months I would make my introduction.  I'm a returning UO player from a long time past. I played for the first few years on the official servers, then I moved on to other games. I always thought back fondly though of UO and have since then started a family of avid gamers. ;)  One of the things we do as a family is play UO. About 3 - 4 months ago I decided to introduce them to it, and ever since, it has been nothing but UO in our/their spare time. It's been a blast, and I have been prowling the internet since then, trying to get a grip on all the changes that have taken place since my departure.

I stumbled upon EasyUO, and that led me to this site, following Trailmyx's scripting abilities. Anyway, I hope to join you guys on the other Forums soon. Until then, hold the orcs at bay!

Oh, one other thing, I'm somewhat of a programmer. And the scripting engines in the tools available today have gotten me completely intrigued. I can't help myself but to stay up late fixing all the older scripts on EasyUO so they work again! It's been great fun to revive some of them, even if they haven't seen the light of day outside of my children's computers. Even they have started to get interested in the scripting. Haha what a tool; teaching them a little structured thinking!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Thought I would conform to your new member policy...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 04:17:45 PM »
Haha so are you trying to weed out the illiterates? Or the Lazy's?

A whole lotta both really.  Lazy peeps are called "leechers" around here.  We've been fighting them from site to site as we've gone from WinUO, UOCoders and finally here.  This method seems to work out the best and keeps my veins from popping out on my forehead.  Most people just want to have everything handed to them because the vastness of the interwebz, and has created some pretty entitled and lethargic masses.  We're just doing our part to make it so people have to give the barest minimum so they can take until the body is a dried husk.

Anyhow, welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NylarTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nylar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 04:19:17 PM »
Haha understood.

Welp, off to dig around some more.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 06:24:20 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: new member