Author Topic: Visual skill timer??  (Read 3470 times)

Offline DeadIssue2Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Visual skill timer??
« on: April 24, 2009, 06:14:16 AM »
This many be silly or useless altogether but I will ask anyway.

I was goofing around on a PvP thief the other day (NON PRODO) and was stealing the mages regs while they were going at me. Man was it funny until I messed up my timing and could not seem to get my steals in on a timely manner and promptly died. I was wondering is there anything out there that checks for a skill use like stealing and starts a VISUAL count down timer so when you get to zero you know you can steal based on the skill timer? Maybe used in conjunction with the pen trick as an all in one??

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Visual skill timer??
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 06:38:14 AM »
Easy first script to do  ;)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:11 AM »
Easy maybe but is it worth the time? Both in necessity for the community and for ease of skill use? I do not want to script for the sake of typing if you know what I mean? If there is nothing out there that you know of that does something like this it might be useful for any Non-prodo people without insurance.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 07:01:57 AM »
Here's my theory when it comes to scripting:

In the time it takes to work a skill manually, you could write a whole script and never have to manually train it again.

In your case, in the time it takes to go get rezed, dressed, and run back each time you die because you mis-timed your steals, you could write a 10 line script and never have to worry about it again!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:11:32 AM »
Now that sire is useful logic.

Plus i was just thinking about adding a timer for my G heal pots so i'm not wasting my time smashing my head on that key for 10 seconds :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:12:33 AM »
So a nice little menu with various timers... Sweet.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:17:21 AM »
*dreams of cute little menu's ticking away*  :o
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 07:20:58 AM »
remember guys I am still in my beginner wtf am I doing stage and menu's are not my bag.... yet.
You can picture little menus, I was just hoping for a number popping up above my head in a Nasa count down style. :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 07:44:39 AM »
Which can easily be accomplised  ;)

Event ExMsg

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 06:15:19 PM »
i was thinking about a menu somewhat like this the other day and i think it could be very useful if used for the right purpose. granted the OP had a rather easy function for the script it could be developed into something a bit more. kind of like the "casting bars" in WoW if anyone is familiar with that.

for example, in terms of pvp the menu can let you know what buffs/debuffs(strangle,evil omen, HLD,disarmed, bless, gift of renewal, etc) you have on you and the duration left on the spell. if the duration is unsure, say someone doesnt have 120 spirit speak so corpse skin doesnt last as long as someone with 120, the script can read the journal and find the "skin has returned to normal" msg and take the debuff off the menu

pve wise, i can see this being especially useful for whammy/sampires. have the script find your spirit speak, plug it into the duration formula and it can let you know when your curse wep is going to come off. same goes for eoo, evasion cooldown, heal pot cooldown.

any thoughts on this?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »
I started something like that a while back.  However it got kinda large as I added features to it and then I lost interest.  ;)  Also I was wrestling with the way the UO should be.  I never resolved that one.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: