Author Topic: Questions from a noob  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Papang-Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Papang- has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Questions from a noob
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:45:46 PM »
I just visited a good part of the forum and I just discovered that there was even more exciting than "Easyuo". Stealth!

So if I understand correctly, it is possible to use this tool without have to open the client of the game? That's wonderful ! it means that we can use it on an old pc and run lots of accounts at the same time, it's whew!

Now, I have some questions if I do not abuse,
- Do I have to learn the same language that Easyuo uses?
- I saw that he accepted other programming languages ​​Python, C # & Pascal. Am I obliged to learn all three, or would only one language suffice? If so, which would be the most suitable for a novice like me?
- Is it possible to learn to code by reading existing codes on the site or it is possible by following tutorials on the internet? (I do not know if I'll have time to read all the documentation)
- Is Stealth playable as a "UO Assistant"?
- is Stealth an finished project?

I have never programmed yet but, but I want to give a little spice to the daily of my accounts, or why not share creations of my way of thinking about the game.

I thank you for your answers.

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Questions from a noob
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 03:24:47 AM »
I just visited a good part of the forum and I just discovered that there was even more exciting than "Easyuo". Stealth!

So if I understand correctly, it is possible to use this tool without have to open the client of the game? That's wonderful ! it means that we can use it on an old pc and run lots of accounts at the same time, it's whew!

Now, I have some questions if I do not abuse,
- Do I have to learn the same language that Easyuo uses?
- I saw that he accepted other programming languages ​​Python, C # & Pascal. Am I obliged to learn all three, or would only one language suffice? If so, which would be the most suitable for a novice like me?
- Is it possible to learn to code by reading existing codes on the site or it is possible by following tutorials on the internet? (I do not know if I'll have time to read all the documentation)
- Is Stealth playable as a "UO Assistant"?
- is Stealth an finished project?

I have never programmed yet but, but I want to give a little spice to the daily of my accounts, or why not share creations of my way of thinking about the game.

I thank you for your answers.

1) No, EasyUO is written in delphi but only allows to design scripts in its own languange with own syntax. The languange is selfwritten and is interpreted by delphi.
2) Pascal Script and Python are embedded into the Editor (python requires some frameworks). This means you not need any external software to design and execute scripts. Stealth expose an external api which can be theoretical be used in any other languange. C# is just one of them (and more used due the fact that people published more samples and tutorials about it).
3) Yes but limited. If you want to learn C#, Stealth might not be the best way but if you want to script its a good way because c# has a lot of resources published.
4) Yes but Limited unless you write your own Assistant-Tools by using the external API. But then you need to define your own hooks and such.
5) Release were many years ago and stealth is in an active development obtaining more and more features every year. I have seen very complex scripts solved by stealth much more advanced then in uosteam or easyuo.

Offline Papang-Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Papang- has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 05:36:55 AM »
Crome969, Thank you for answer.

After thinking well, I'll go to C #.
Why ? I think C # is one of  largest community across the internet, so I think if I have any basic issues or questions that are not related to the ScriptSDK.dll I can ask for help somewhere else.

Offline camotbik

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • camotbik has no influence.
  • Hello! I'm a UO addict.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 03:53:37 PM »
I'm not against C+ but got to say, you will have a lot more examples if you go with Pascal.
What you witness -- is whatver..
uogamers hybrid.

Tags: