Author Topic: Introduction, Hello everyone, it has been a long time...  (Read 1444 times)

Offline xapcxTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xapcx has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Introduction, Hello everyone, it has been a long time...
« on: April 17, 2018, 02:04:27 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was a registered member from back in 2009.  I quit playing UO in December of '15.  After a few years off, I have decided to return. 

My favorite part of UO was creating scripts to allow my three accounts to interact with each other.  Debugging and watching the accounts path find around my favorite North American shard was an addicting hobby. 

A little about me:
I started playing UO after I separated from the Navy in '98.  I maintained three accounts from day one.  I continued to play while I was in college and graduated with an undergrad duel degree in mechanical and electrical engineering.  I continued playing UO while raising my now 17 year old, 16 year old, and quit while my wife was pregnant with our almost 4 year old daughter.  I quit UO and let my Luna house and Felluca castle fall when we decided that real life needed more time than I had to offer.

Aside from UO, I play Battlefield and Ghost Recon, I used to race R/C cars all summer but that hobby also died down.  I still enjoy building PC's and goofing around with benchmark test and tweaking GPU bios settings, however I'm no k|ngp|n.

I am ready to do this UO thing again with the hopes that I can tweak my old scripts (without Cheffe this time I guess) and get it all running again.  I hope to see you guys in game and look forward to working with you here on the boards.

Mike xApCx

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction, Hello everyone, it has been a long time...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »

Welcome back! Thanks for your re-introduction - we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:56:58 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline oddtoddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • oddtoddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 05:19:46 PM »
Welcome back! You can never really leave UO, can you? It's weird, isn't it?

Tags: