Author Topic: The most interesting intro ever!  (Read 1509 times)

Offline neotorinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • neotorin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
The most interesting intro ever!
« on: September 12, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm sure the subject line will prove to be false, but Ill give it a go.

I am known as t0r1n, I started playing Ultima Online right when it came out (1997ish??).  Prior to that I played an old mmorpg called Neverwinter Nights on AOL.  This was actually built into AOL, and not the game most of you are probably thinking about since they re-used the name :)

I played UO for 4 or 5 years, then quit and came back a few times in the following few years.  I recently came back again when Endless Journey was released, after well over 10 years of not playing.

The first day on endless journey I ran into a group of people and have been playing with them for the months since, and am totally hooked again.  There is so much content I missed!

Having a blast with uo!
-Ryan

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The most interesting intro ever!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:24:11 PM »
Hi!

I'm currently playing on free shards, but always contemplate returning to the official servers.

How hard was it to start on official servers with everything being priced so high?

Offline neotorinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • neotorin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 02:44:20 PM »
Last time I quit my house went IDOC so i lost almost everything and inflation caused me to go from super rich to broke.  I was lucky that one of my toons had a pair of double blessed shoes (which one of my buddies pointed out) was worth about 200 mil.  So i sold them to get started. 

That being said, the top tier items are very expensive.  I have built many suits for example that don't use those items but are very good for very cheap by using similar alternatives which are worth almost nothing because everyone just jumps to the popular gear. 

I would recommend cranking out a tamer and do some of the content that has good drops to build up cash.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: