Author Topic: Hey, my fake name here is Cadums!  (Read 1415 times)

Offline CadumsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cadums has no influence.
  • I said come on Fhqwhgads
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey, my fake name here is Cadums!
« on: March 10, 2019, 06:18:51 PM »
Hey all!

So, I'm kinda excited to be here, I very recently just learned about this website and there seems to be a lot of great info here!  I first UOed in 1999 as a 17 year old, pvping with friends, doing a bunch of crafting to support that, all that good stuff.  As MMOs started to come out, the tram/fel split, and all of that.. I drifted away from UO.  Years and years later, around 2015 I dusted off the account and tried to learn what UO is now.  Kinda.. in spurts.  I've been using EasyUO and the resources there, modifying scripts as my learning mechanism, to get them working properly with current code or un-gimp them.

Well, because I'm a fancy man with fancy plans, I wanted to make fancy elvish cabinets, but I don't have the recipe.  Boo.  I've made so many turn ins, back and forth... so ok, this seems scriptable, there have been many smart people who have done this before- but the easyuo clan got very.. testy at that subject.  Which I guess is understandable, you don't want the keys to the kingdom in the lowest amount of effort... but such questions have led me here, to you fine people.  You seem much more willing to share knowledge of the dark UO arts and that is just, well that is just fine.

I have a tamer mage, a t hunter, a pirate fisher, a woefully under geared sampire, a stealther/stealing  (I have the snooping on a stone, that was always a fav pastime way back in the day, but stealing from people seems so nerfed now..), and 2 crafters, because of course I have to craft all the things.  Still working on getting imbuing to 120, that is ROUGH.

m'lady

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, my fake name here is Cadums!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, my fake name here is Cadums!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 04:17:29 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline CadumsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cadums has no influence.
  • I said come on Fhqwhgads