Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 1687 times)

Offline PineTreeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PineTree has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone
« on: March 21, 2019, 10:32:30 AM »
Hello Everyone,

PineTree here,  I've started UO in Nov 98, Played for about 11 years on chessy.  It was really fun back then, I ran in a few different circles with Roleplayers, PKs, and Greifers.  I used to help a lot of new players learn the game and get equipped, which is probably my true passion. The whole thing was a blast.  Over the years I have found that UO has a unique ability to generate those moments you remember in a game forever.  I was fortunate back then to play with a bunch of my real life friends and we talk about those moments every so often.  The only game I have ever had close to that is pen and paper rpgs.   Recently one of those buddies was bringing up old times and I searched UO and realized it had gone free to play. lol.   Talk about free candy for a addict.   I gave it a try, realized I had profoundly missed the experience and have totally dived back in.  I am loving all the new content, equipment, skills, ect.   I mainly play casters, but have tamers, mules, townies.  I am currently trying out Imbuing and Spellweaving.

I have been checking out all the new macro software and trying to find out what to use now.  When I left none of my characters were "finished" so that's a goal now. I started with the stack of quarters back then and moved up to a mouse macro, then UO Assist and when I left EasyUO.  I spent hours and hours on boats back then 8x8ing, I love the fact they trashed that.  I really appreciate all the hard work the scriptwriters do for us players. I ran a Arma 2 DayZ server for a while during my break and it wasn't until then I realized how long writing good polished code takes.  Maybe this time I will dabble at writing some scripts myself.

Well that's me.  Thanks for the hard work folks.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 10:47:39 AM »
Thanks gimlet.  Glad to be here.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 02:03:12 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Are you a real pinetree or just a car air freshener?  :o

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 04:10:02 PM »
+1
LoL, I am actually a meat popsicle with a nice hat.

Tags: