Author Topic: BOD Sorting  (Read 5727 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
BOD Sorting
« on: June 16, 2009, 01:23:49 AM »
OK.. People.. Its Kham's Turn to take a Stab at BOD Sorting...
if anyone has any Subs that would assist me starting out I would Greatly Appreciate it.  I'm looking for subs that already decide what type of Reward is given for small and Large bod's.  also any idea's on how every likes to sort maybe I can make this customizable to your Needs?
I haven't really begun to sort my own bod's yet I'm way behind the game.

Trail I hope you have something hidden up your sleeve I do plan on using alot of your subs already played around with a few subs that will be quiet handy when this script starts to lay out.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
Re: BOD Sorting
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:42:59 AM »
Hi,

I would love to have a sorter that does simply this ...
- I can select a reward I  like to get (smith or tailer)
- sorts true all my bods / Bodbooks
- and finally you will get the ones you need to fill for the choosen reward

cu

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:37:36 AM »
May also be good to trash the ones that don't fit the user criteria. 

If it helps, I can extract my runebook index library for your needs and make it a bodbook NS sub. At the moment it has a function that continuously brings up a targeting cursor and allows you to target books adding them to a %var library.  If a book is selected and selected again, the script will alert the user that it's already been chosen, and will also alert the user if the targeted item is not of a specific Type. There's a 'hotkey' setup to press when you're done selecting books as well.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 12:30:56 PM »
OK, if I could code (Man I WISH I could code!) My ideal script would be something like this.

First a menu would pop up showing all the possible rewards for smithing, or tailoring...I would then be able to click the reward I was interested in getting. I know ppl want different rewards so you would need to show em all...I myself am only interested in getting Bronze Hammers and Above, and PoF's...

So, say I start with a Valorite Runic Hammer. I would select that in the menu, make sure I had all (or all I could hold) BoDs on me in a book...The script would then sort through all 500 bods in my book, and take out the ones that are needed for the Hammer, I could stop then, or put another book of bods on me (I have 3 full books atm) Once I got through all of my sorts, I could then manually take all those bods, and put them in a book titled "Val Hammer"...what would be especially nice is if the script could recognize what I was missing to make that hammer..I.E "You need  Small 20 Except Valorite Arms to complete this BoD"...then I could retitle my book to say Val Hammer..Need a 20 Arms.

But at least ALL of the propper deeds needed for the Val hammer would be in ONE book.

I could then go on to do Verite, Agapite, Gold, and Bronze hammers.

I would love to have a script that I could put in what reward I wanted, and it would pull those BoD's for me to put into seperate books...thats what I would want :)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 01:36:59 PM »
thanks for all the great reply's, although most of the requests are to sort through rune books to find a certain Bod Reward type... perhaps this script would be more assistance to you.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:51:31 PM »
OK, so I've decided that i'm gonna start slow and build a Reward List first, which is half way done..
I've got a working script that tells you the reward of all the Small BOD's.. I'll make it look pretty then post it soon. I'll need some Beta testers to make sure that its showing the Correct Reward for the Bod.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 03:53:32 PM »
You can most deffinatly count me in on the Beta Kham...I do BoD's every day for a hour or so.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Theosibo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Theosibo has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:51:10 AM »
Between Fishing and Bods, I spend many hours a day doing both.  Would love to beta any bod script for you.

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 04:29:01 PM »
there hasnt been a functional one which surprises me since theres alot of ppl that do them. I know that it would take alot of time to code it thats probably why no ones done a working one.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 05:06:19 PM »
i almost completed mine and it works fair but i never want to do another bod in my life!  They also supossedly shifted some rewards around too letting u get higher hammers with other bods.  I cannot confirm or explain which it was.

with hammers being only valuable to create and then break the stuff down I am just up in the air about bods future.  Feel free to use any of mine from the old debug./  It was super close to being real nice 

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »
i would like to have a script that if i have a large deed it will go through and look for all the smalls to fill it

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 10:27:24 PM »
I have been thinking about getting my bod's in order again been a long time since i have ran them. Is there any updates here?
I wish that UO would redo there BOD system it sucks!

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • welgill has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
Instead of sorting through just the bods you have on you have it look in containers sorta like ceo's suit builder does let people choos either bods in pack or all open containers

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 08:18:44 AM »
Did this script die?

Tags: