Author Topic: Considering doing a tamer farming script or a dexxer, need input:  (Read 2701 times)

Offline silentsentinelTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • silentsentinel has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Considering using a farming script with either a tamer or dexxer, and have a few questions I could use input on...

- Which will be easier to use, first of all, tamer or dexxer? I play on a popular freeshard with a fairly high population and I've not used a dexxer for PVM here before.
- Secondly, any input on what actual mobs could/should be farmed, and what kind of gold income I'd be looking at?
- Lastly, are there any good, efficient (not slow) scripts for this already set up?

Thanks for any ideas.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Considering doing a tamer farming script or a dexxer, need input:
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »
I think the difficulty in use would be about the same for both the tamer and dexxer. I think it would really depend on what your farming and where but I think it would be pretty even.

I'm not sure what the gold drop rates are like on the various freeshards but I would think Miasma, Swoops, Demons, and Troglodytes would make good prey for gold farming.

WinUO has a very good Dexxer script authored by Freddy. If set up properly it can cover a wide arrange of goals. You can find it here Here

We also have a few taming farming scripts here at SUO:

Maddog's Auto Honor for Tamers Here
Cramcreep's Auto Kill for Tamer Here

Hope this helps. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:05:03 AM »
Anyone have anything for tamers that works well?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:24:35 AM »
If you want to make gold, go with a Discord Tamer. You will take down BIG monsters quicker then you can with any other type of char.

I had my disco/tamer with a rune+bake combo killing balrons. Each one took maybe 4-6 seconds. The gold per hour was insane.

With that setup you can load up a 100% LRC luck suit and not worry at all about resists. Just all kill, disco last target and you are rocking.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 06:41:18 PM »
d'oh, sorry i should have mentioned i play on a pre-aos (popular) shard
any ideas in that situation?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 06:50:47 PM »
An when "vanquishing" meant something.....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: