Author Topic: Mining Script chat  (Read 10616 times)

Offline KilroyIsDeadTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KilroyIsDead has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Script chat
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 05:36:29 AM »
For the Menu I have a min/max button so you can run it in status only mode.

I have it fighting some MOBs, and I think I want to use inclusion to determine what you want to fight. Corpsers are a bit tricky since they are not mobile.  I don't have a UI for selecting MOBs yet.

I asked a question in Shout and Rana was uber helpful, but I wanted to see if my numbers were good or not.
In Trammel (1/2 resources) I ran for 3 hours last night and averaged 3000 ingots / hour.  IIRC, the papua Miner and MWInc would average about 1200 ore / hour.  If those numbers for ore are correct, then I think this is 3 times faster.  Based upon the time it would take to smelt that ore and the shrinkage of the higher ores.  Speaking of smelting I smelt in the field when I trigger the overweight flag so that I smelt lareger stacks of ore at once, except for Agapite, Verite and Valorite.  I smelt those as I mine them to minimize the losses, a failure will only lose that single ore instead of a stack.  I made these ore choices based upon a 100(105 w/ gloves) miner.  I presume I have to lower the color for folks who mine with lesser chars and i may even need to not smelt some colors based upon color and mining level, but in my mind that miner should be using the giant beetle or pack animal instead of a fire beetle.

I did some tests with one of my chars that has a Giant beetle and that worked pretty well too.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm the rest of the night;
Set a man afire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 05:44:07 AM »
Coming along nicely :)

I would urge analysis of the high level ore smelt in large verse small piles. Numbers that I've run show clearly that, over time, you stand to smelt more ingots successfully in larger piles than in smaller piles. When smelting one ore at a time you stand to lose only a single ingot when you fail, however you only stand to gain 1 or 2 ingots if you succeed. When you start factoring percentages and statistics over time I believe the larger piles of ore ring supreme!

Although I do know for a fact that I'm in the minority on this ;)

On the other hand, if smelting in the field I wouldn't really think about it anyhow but instead I would always opt to smelt as I go. Smelting all colors in the field means fewer recalls to the secure which means more resources per hour.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »
For the Menu I have a min/max button so you can run it in status only mode.

I have it fighting some MOBs, and I think I want to use inclusion to determine what you want to fight. Corpsers are a bit tricky since they are not mobile.  I don't have a UI for selecting MOBs yet.

I asked a question in Shout and Rana was uber helpful, but I wanted to see if my numbers were good or not.
In Trammel (1/2 resources) I ran for 3 hours last night and averaged 3000 ingots / hour.  IIRC, the papua Miner and MWInc would average about 1200 ore / hour.  If those numbers for ore are correct, then I think this is 3 times faster.  Based upon the time it would take to smelt that ore and the shrinkage of the higher ores.  Speaking of smelting I smelt in the field when I trigger the overweight flag so that I smelt lareger stacks of ore at once, except for Agapite, Verite and Valorite.  I smelt those as I mine them to minimize the losses, a failure will only lose that single ore instead of a stack.  I made these ore choices based upon a 100(105 w/ gloves) miner.  I presume I have to lower the color for folks who mine with lesser chars and i may even need to not smelt some colors based upon color and mining level, but in my mind that miner should be using the giant beetle or pack animal instead of a fire beetle.

I did some tests with one of my chars that has a Giant beetle and that worked pretty well too.

Hi,
as I see you are thinking of smelting routines
I spend some thought on this and if you like have a look into my OSA Ore Smelt Assistant.
I have added a few smeltplans
I figured out a plan for expert miners with 105 skill
a plan that is skill based
and a third one for those who like differend aproaches like X12

cu

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 03:29:56 PM »
Screen shots of what I have so far

The big screen is setup mode I left you choose which monsters you will fight

I'll add a column for prospecting that will run straight across from the metal colors table with check boxes

the other two shots are the default mode and the minimized mode

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
PG Miner.jpg
PG_Miner Minimizedl.jpg
PG_Miner Normal.jpg
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:32:27 PM by KilroyIsDead »

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 04:13:07 PM »
wow dude, that looks amazing... that already makes me want to pull my miner back out :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »
ok, I'm up to 3300 / her and here's a pic with the prospecting in place

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
PG Miner with Prospect.jpg

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 07:32:02 PM »
alright you can stop teasing us and Post that Pre-Beta Version. :)
Im'a Gonna start a new character just for testing this script....

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 06:11:09 AM »
Change your swing speed (delay between digs) on the fly
I'm having trouble with Crafting (leaves window open)
Still not sure how I want to manage MOBs (Casting, Pet, etc) But I am now correctly ignoring the mobs in the right side of the list.
You can show and hide the options panel on the fly
Once I build in settig up secures and saving the settings, I'll probably post

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
PG Miner with swing speed.jpg

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 07:13:54 AM »
Question - delay "dig speed" to accomodate for lag? If so that's a great idea.

Looking very nice KiD! I'm feeling an inferiority complex kicking in on my side!!  ;)
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 09:13:11 AM »
That's exactly why I have that in there.  I tap it down until I start seeing the you must wait to perform...

It's nice that it looks pretty, but if it doesn't do the work then it's like tits on a bull (useless)

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 10:30:32 AM »
Its looking good I will glad to help you test it out. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 03:33:58 PM »
Ok, we're looking for beta testers on the mining script.  My guess is that Kham and PetKiller are interested but if there are more please let me know I'll have TM grant you access to the project.  We'll be tentatively using the "D" Project in special projects.

Let me know if you want to be included.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 03:46:16 PM »
ok, I opened up special projects section "D" for you.  Lemme know when you have a final list of individuals and I'll add them.  In the mean time, you can get in there and fung sui it. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Dude1598

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dude1598 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »

Now the difference between field smelting and not smelting is that the ingots are lighter, so you trade the time it takes to smelt for being able to store more resources before unloading.  I do not have good statistics for this but I want to allow both so you can decide.

I wouldnt want to field smelt for the reason that I mine in fel and a pack animal can hold 16k on ingots or 1600 ore. I rather lose the ore then all those ingots

I smelted 25 Valorite ore all at once and 1 pile at a time with 105 mining and the results are.
Single smelt 42 Inogts
Whole Pile 50 Ingots

I would like to help test also and help with any information you need

Also I thought I heard that if you mine or lumberjack in a dangerous areas the  better chance to get higher leaves of wood or ore
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:37:38 PM by Dude1598 »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 04:28:23 AM »
I agree with all you are saying.  My first post in the thread describes some of the different philosophies on why to smelt or not.  In Fel I think smelting is silly, because you put yourself at too much risk.  In Trammel if you pick relatively safe locations it's less of a concern.  Also I'm trying to make this miner so it works the way the user wants.  If you don't want to smelt, don't bring a fire, bring a giant.

As to smelting Valorite, you got lucky I think. Had the check failed on the big pile of ore, you have lost it all in one fell swoop.

Tags: