Author Topic: FindUo not Updating as fast as it used to  (Read 6533 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
FindUo not Updating as fast as it used to
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:31:33 AM »
Anyone else noticing that www.Finduo.com Does not seem to be updating as fast as it used to ?
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: FindUo not Updating as fast as it used to
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:35:14 AM »
ohh yes. TT complains about it daily.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:55:17 AM »
The problem goes even further.  My house just outside of the East Gate in Luna is not even listed.  I have posted in their 'House Not Listed' Forum more than a couple of times, but it seems to get ignored.  SearchUO seems more responsive and lists a lot more Venders than FindUO does.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • SunTigress has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
we had a similar problem oracle. we had two vendors on a house just outside of luna. TTs vendor showed just fine, but mine didn't. then one day, mine started to show up again, and then a week later it was gone again. it was completely random why his showed and not mine
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:24:56 AM »
Yeah I stopped using Finduo. Sometimes the time is 2d6h22m. LOL!

I use ultimacodes.com ;)

Offline redrum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »
yeh after leo sold it.. it went to *bleep*

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
I mean it still looks good and functions properly .. but the database is just not updating.

I stopped using searchuo.com as they were only listing thier sponsored vendors .. so i guesss ill start trying ultimacodes.com jeeze.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
I stopped messing with SearchUO after they made the massive changes to their site which made it pretty much suck and they list very few vendors compared to others.

FindUO has been my favorite but as of late it has been kinda funky, they didn't update ATL for almost a week...but then it was getting updated every 3 hours...dunno if they are having some issues or what.

I haven't tried ultimacodes in a long time, I will have to give them a try again.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 05:31:09 PM »
Yea I utterly despise the new searchuo, but finduo has been failing me miserably. I have also gone on to ultimacodes.com and it's pretty decent
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 05:33:08 PM »
The good thing about Ultimacodes is that it does ALL the shards not just the US shards. The bad thing is it only does Luna and not Zento.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »
I never find anything in Zento anyways, as long as it hits the whole area surrounding Luna I am good.

Offline Theosibo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Theosibo has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »
I prefer finduo.com myself.  I do use both it and searchuo, but my guilds vendor house ( 3 houses outside the south gate of luna) only seems to be getting updated every 3 to 4 weeks.  I mean, wtf.  That's nearly useless.

This ultimacodes.com sounds interesting, and I'll be taking a look at it very soon.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 07:49:13 PM »
When I am doing any serious searching I use ultimacodes...but I do use finduo a lot...even though I have been irritated with them since the change over, I still like them the best for a fast search, and being able to see (when they update) everything around luna too...I seem to get my best deals outside "the walls"
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 08:27:48 PM »
I use finduo and searchuo for cross referencing. Often times one has something listed that the other does not. I do like that searchuo has an easy boolean function that doesn't require the 'and/or/not' switches or anything like that.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 05:00:49 AM »
Yeah, but for the most part that cross-referancing isnt worth a poop..since Search uo isnt any where near as comprehensive..just yesterday I did a search before I went off to sit in the bank on Atl and sell some HW runic's I did a search on SearchUO...it showed NO HW runics for sale, but Find UO showed 6 (and it had been updated fairly recently). So yes, it can be used as a cross-referencing tool...just dont base TO much on it.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Tags: