Author Topic: explode pot chunker  (Read 6027 times)

Offline wagglerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • waggler has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
explode pot chunker
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »
does anyone have a  script to throw and delay targeting of  3 greater explode potions, so ythet they explode on impact,     go off at the same time?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: explode pot chunker
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »
So are you saying that on the 3rd one, you throw it(them) and they all explode at once?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:40:10 PM »
There was a way of doing this using UOAssist and bags inside of bags.

Double click the potion, get the "you better hurry" message and a 3 on the countdown, double click another.

They don't actually go off at the same time.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »
I have explored this with both UOAssist and EUO and currently you can no longer do the "triple pot chucking". Anytime you "use" a new pot, it cancels the targeting cursor for the pot before it, causing the first pot to explode in your pack. There used to be a bug that allowed all 3 to chuck at once by simply using 1, then a 2nd, then a 3rd within 2 seconds (like a wait 10 between each one) and then with the final targeting cursor, they would all hit within a second of each other, but this bug was fixed at least a year ago if not more. I've played with all different methods and still have not gotten it to work.   :'(
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline wagglerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • waggler has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:36:09 AM »
thx.. thats  what  i was coming up with also...  but hese new faction alchemist chunkers seems to have   a  super fast way  of chuninking them  and have emn explode on contact....  i can do one pot.. maybe tthe alchemist    bonus  just does that much extra damage..  might to  need to suffer on test shard a bit...

thanks

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »
I have two of them I believe.  I don't run the alchemy template so I wrote one for my friend and sent him two versions.  One of them seem to work okay as long as they're not in a full forward straight sprint.  If you wana try any of em out and you know how to adjust the waits you're more than welcome to use em or make them into your own script project.

The current script only loads / throws one potion at a time.  My old script loaded two, than threw em.

I have two ways it counts:
1.  Sets a variable set by #SCNT2 and waits for SCNT2 to reach a certain value, than throws.
2.  Scans the #SYSMSG variable and strleft's that string (As it's not always the same when throwing pots...) and looks for it to equal "1". 

They produce the same results, but I've found the SYSMSG one to actually work a little better for me.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 07:38:32 PM »
Definitely Sounds Like something i'd enjoy trying out. Nothing more annoying than mages on a bridge and I never carry pots because I have to focus on bandi, move, cast, special, swap. Be nice to just onhotkey use the pot, wait, throw 2 pots at the enemy. BUAHAHAHAHA
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 05:02:32 AM »
I also wouldnt mind taking a gander at that script Burgers.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:26:18 AM »
I can post up mine as well. I wrote a single pot chucker that starts to throw one on a hotkey and targets at the last possible second so it can hit them while they're running. If they're out of range, it will chuck it 3 tiles away from you on the ground! It is designed to work with whoever your "Last Target" is.  :)

*Script attached to post!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ExploPotChucker.txt
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Winker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Winker has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 05:55:32 AM »
I can post up mine as well. I wrote a single pot chucker that starts to throw one on a hotkey and targets at the last possible second so it can hit them while they're running. If they're out of range, it will chuck it 3 tiles away from you on the ground! It is designed to work with whoever your "Last Target" is.  :)

*Script attached to post!

Nice one UOMaddog, is there any why this could be changed to throw 3 at once?

Post Merge: October 05, 2009, 06:45:31 AM
I have explored this with both UOAssist and EUO and currently you can no longer do the "triple pot chucking". Anytime you "use" a new pot, it cancels the targeting cursor for the pot before it, causing the first pot to explode in your pack. There used to be a bug that allowed all 3 to chuck at once by simply using 1, then a 2nd, then a 3rd within 2 seconds (like a wait 10 between each one) and then with the final targeting cursor, they would all hit within a second of each other, but this bug was fixed at least a year ago if not more. I've played with all different methods and still have not gotten it to work.   :'(

It can be done, we have aplyer who is using a script now that does it. What you do is hit the Esc once you use the explode it then goes on to prime in the back pack, do the same for the next 2 pots, then go back to the first one doubck click it to get the target curser up and throw it..doing the same to the next 2 and all 3 go off with in 1 second.

What i dont know is how to find out the id of the 3 pots so i can retarget them in the back pack
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:45:31 AM by Winker »

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 09:15:58 AM »
Winker. i have been also trying to fool around with some of the scripts that i have came upon. so far maddogs was one of the more simpler and efficient ones to use. i tried to tinker around with it so i could get at least 2 pots to chug and ran into the problem of not being able to identify the primed explode pots. i was also thinking that if it was possible to prime one select another and use some sort of double previous item. i dont know how to go about doing it but from what i have seen out there i would work with the one maddog has posted. cheers

Offline Winker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Winker has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 02:23:09 AM »
Winker. i have been also trying to fool around with some of the scripts that i have came upon. so far maddogs was one of the more simpler and efficient ones to use. i tried to tinker around with it so i could get at least 2 pots to chug and ran into the problem of not being able to identify the primed explode pots. i was also thinking that if it was possible to prime one select another and use some sort of double previous item. i dont know how to go about doing it but from what i have seen out there i would work with the one maddog has posted. cheers

TBF i found that MadDogs to be a god send. Armor ignor, armor ignor, Explode Pot, Armor ignor....OoooOOOoo takes 4.5 seconds to kill

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hollywood_Shono has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 04:04:35 AM »
The people your talking about that are throwing 3 pots at a time.... Acutally re-coded UoAssist to do. If you have some killer programing skills you can crack it and make it happen. Theres a guild on ATL that does this and the pots jsut destory people if you have alchemy on your template.

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 06:44:24 PM »
yeah i know the guild you are talking about and thats what giving me the idea to take a really good look into this. if any one could point me in the right direction that would be greatly helpful. thanks all

Offline Hashbrown1234

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hashbrown1234 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »
sinice i know nothing about script writing i was just wondering if you can use the same main bag and 2 extra bags in your main pack with equal amount of pots in all if you could identify the primed pots in the backpacks like in the old version of the 3 pot thrower in UOA? but like i said i know nothing about script writing and i wanna learn but soon enough i will. please post more if you figure out how to tro 2 or 3 primmed pots one after another on one hot key. thanks

Post Merge: January 14, 2010, 08:13:04 PM
oohh yea and by the way i'm on atlantic also and that same guild has been pwning me over and over every day i wanna make a archer alchmest and kill them back haha
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:13:04 PM by Hashbrown1234 »

Tags: