Author Topic: No client...  (Read 6016 times)

Offline xapcxTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xapcx has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
No client...
« on: September 09, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »
OK, sorry if i have completely missed something.  Here goes, I can not get script uo to run.  It is still displaying no client is found and run mode is disabled.  What have I done wrong?

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: No client...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:27:08 PM »
You are going to have to wait until EasyUO updates thier client...which might be a couple weeks as the new SA client seems a bit unstable(understatement) after OSI gets things close to right, and quits adding a patch every day then the guys at EasyUO can do thier thing, you can re-download the "new" version and be up and running again.

As TM just said, Script UO wont run your scripts, they only help you write em. You need to run EasyUO and run your scripts in that...but...they prolly wont update euo for a few days at least.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:29:08 PM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:27:32 PM »
ScriptUO isn't designed to run scripts at this time.  Just useful for script development.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 01:32:48 PM »
ScriptUO isn't designed to run scripts at this time.  Just useful for script development.

OMG i am so sorry for posting that question.  I had no clue that script uo did not run the scripts.  I feel really stupid!!!  I was hoping...  looking for an alternative to EUO

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »
How many of these posts do you thing we will get in the next few days ??
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
I was hoping...  looking for an alternative to EUO

Trust me, we all are!!  However, the EUO guys have their hands full with this new update; looks like alot has changed!  Wish them luck!

Lol, I was thinking the same thing!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:29:42 PM »
Bunches i assume.  CEO just made an announcement that he has not even started on the changes to EUO and he is gonna require that you be a member of alaxandria if you want to get a copy of easyuo to download.  He is trying to pump up his player base by doing this. LOL.  I understand that he wants to have more players but that is kinda like cheating.  Most players will come and create and account and meet the minimum requirements and then leave.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 02:54:26 PM »
Most players will come and create and account and meet the minimum requirements and then leave.

Yea and he said that's ok THIS time but next time he might require you've been a member at least 7 days, or have a minimum for skills on chars on the account... :)  Speaking of which, can someone lend me some Lexia cash? :)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »
his exact post is:

Have you tried playing UO for free on Alexandria? If not, now's the time to start. As a special "thank you' to those that play Alexandria the next version of EUO will be available EXCLUSIVELY for Alexandria players for 3 days.

Create an account now and explore the world of Alexandria and be ready for the next update! Future updates may require characters with certain skills and at least 7 days old and maybe even a quest! This is to prevent a bunch of one-off bogus accounts, so prepare now and start playing the shard that ALLOWS Easyuo, and in fact encourages it!

so it looks like non lexi players are ok this time...just a 3 day delay, but after that we might be out of luck
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 04:13:31 PM »
I don't mind I guess hooking up a toon on Alexandria...I can still test scripts and I assume it's nearly all the same deal as OSI. Nearly as in obviously different loot, hues and items, but the map should be all the same and mouse over items should be the same ya?

I think I'll do that while I step away from XML and my server for a while.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 04:16:04 PM »

if anyone is like me, you will see a lot of them.  I have been reading around for the past 8 days trying to figure out why i could not get my script uo to locate the client.  I just felt like it was a real dumb question and i did not want to post it untill i had read as much as possible.  I finaly gave up.

this expansion sux for me.  i have been working on a robot script for a few weeks.  i have been trying to get my archer to act like a pet and respond to pet commands from my other account.  I have gotten the pathfinding, healing and auto targeting part to work.  the next part was to get the target vairable from one client to pass to the other client.  grrr, i want to get back to my project heck with the gargoyles :-(

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »

if anyone is like me, you will see a lot of them.  I have been reading around for the past 8 days trying to figure out why i could not get my script uo to locate the client.  I just felt like it was a real dumb question and i did not want to post it untill i had read as much as possible.  I finaly gave up.

I am going to hafta disagree with you...there (with VERY few exceptions) are NO dumb questions. Thats why this community is here! We are not only a scripting community, but a place to bounce ideas off each other, a place to be able to ask questions and get answers, a place to hang out with friends and chat about anything. I dont want to ever ...nor do I want anybody else to ever be afraid to ask a question on these boards. Thats one of the reasons why they are here!!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 09:55:51 PM »
if anyone is like me, you will see a lot of them.  I have been reading around for the past 8 days trying to figure out why i could not get my script uo to locate the client.  I just felt like it was a real dumb question and i did not want to post it untill i had read as much as possible.  I finaly gave up.

Well, it IS clearly stated as the first question in the Q/A:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=190.0

I expected alot of questions like this, the the Q/A has probably helped clear up any misconceptions. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 04:28:01 AM »
this expansion sux for me.  i have been working on a robot script for a few weeks.  i have been trying to get my archer to act like a pet and respond to pet commands from my other account.  I have gotten the pathfinding, healing and auto targeting part to work.  the next part was to get the target vairable from one client to pass to the other client.  grrr, i want to get back to my project heck with the gargoyles :-(

Sounds like a good script... i believe Cerveza has a robot script in process here as well .. you might want to take a look at how he does things.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 05:04:41 AM »

Two separate projects for this.

GBot uses two scripts, one "Master" and one "Client" to send commands back and forth using Global Variables. It's completed and should be easy to modify to add in other functions, like targetting and such. Twinkle McNugget wrote a cool menu interface for it, so you can add in your targetting stuff there.

CBot is the same thing using a single script and the uoXL swap command to switch between clients. It's in debug because I want to add in some stuff before it's a completed script. It's a fully functioning healer/cure caster now. AND... again, it should be easy enough to add/modify. The basic script functions are there and easy to understand.

Of course the master of the bots isn't me.... it's mwinc ;)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: