Author Topic: Having trouble with "You have XXX unread posts" link  (Read 5521 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Having trouble with "You have XXX unread posts" link
« on: September 21, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »
I'm having trouble using the 'unread posts' button at the top of the forum screen to view all unread posts.  On other sites, modeled on the same sort of interface, I can just click that link and all my unread posts queue up for easy viewing pleasure...

Is there something I need to do differently?

Thanks!

:)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Having trouble with "You have XXX unread posts" link
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »
You need to set up the forums and sub-forums you'd like to monitor.  Here's your personal link:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?action=profile;u=613;sa=recentPosts

For all others, goto your profile and then your Email and Notifications link to customize the places you want to monitor.

SMF forums do this a bit different than VBulletin forums.  There just isn't as many features in SMF.  That's all you get.  Sorry.

Overall, I'm completely pleased with SMF and will not ever change.  :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:00:56 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 02:13:56 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what NObama's issue is, but I like it the way it is... Maybe I just never visit boards with VB. I click "xx unread posts" and it shows me the new posts. Then I open new tabs on the ones I want to read and then click "mark all read" and I'm good to go.

As I said perhaps I'm missing something but I like the way this site is!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:18:02 AM by onlyindreams »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »
Lots of people get used to features of VBulletin, but thankfully I think that NOBamas problem is just a setup issue.  It took me a while to get used to SMF after moderating a VB site.  But now that I'm used to it, I like it.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »
Thanks, TM!

I think I have a handle on what I forgot to do, thanks to your most helpful post!

I love it here.

:)

Tags: