Author Topic: Dealing with Damage gumps!!!  (Read 6797 times)

Offline Thimotty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Thimotty has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with Damage gumps!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 05:36:03 PM »
Heh we should stop writing and editing both in the same time :)
I agree mine is only good for personal use!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
Heh we should stop writing and editing both in the same time :)
I agree mine is only good for personal use!

Heh, I hated Khameleon after a while.  When I thought I'd have certain bits of my scripts nailed dead nuts, he'd always find a way to push it so that it wouldn't work.  Cerveza was the same way, but between the two of them they made me really think about the mechanics that happen even during the execution BETWEEN lines of code.  20ms between lines of execution can really impact the answers you "think" you should get.  Nothing like getting bogus container sizes matched with incorrect container names.  There's lots of little nuggets of annoying information about EasyUO, but we all have to run over those particular potholes ourselves.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 05:48:27 PM »
The Tank-fly Ratio sound pretty bang on to me.  Looting while sounding easy in heavy spawn with lots of players and player pets and summons in the same area is probably one of the hardest things to accomplish seamlessly. And EUO slow drag and drop defaintly makes the whole thing that much more painstaking.

I dont envy the support problems on your looter TM...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »
The cool thing is the core of what Thimotty did and what I did are the same.  Noting that the bodies and the instanced container IDs are relatively similar.  That's the start of a great filter that's pretty darn foolproof.  Not many noticed this relationship.  It will also work when the instanced corpse changes to the actual corpse.  RunUO doesn't used instanced corpses, so this method also works on freeshards.

In the beginning, the looter was a pain in the butt.  That was back during the old version when Cerveza was really using the crap out of it. (those days you didn't even have the instanced corpses!)   However these days, it's been tweaked to the point where I don't get any additional feedback. 

In script release land, no problems means a good script, regardless of how ugly or tank-like it is.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »
In script release land, no problems means a good script, regardless of how ugly or tank-like it is.  :)

Sweet most of my scripts must be fool proof as i never hear anything back... :)

Alternatively are they being used ummm....
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Scrripty

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 05:56:12 AM »

I might not use yours much EN but I sure learn a hell of a lot from them.  How's that? :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 06:59:46 AM »
In script release land, no problems means a good script, regardless of how ugly or tank-like it is.  :)

I might not use yours much EN but I sure learn a hell of a lot from them.  How's that? :)

Why thank you .. as long as what you learn is  not what not to do lol

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 07:05:18 AM »
I can only understand about 1/2 of what endless writes because I have zero programming background to transfer to this easy uo language.  All I know is it works wonderfully.  I, too, have learned a lot form EN, TM, and Cerv.  I appreciate you all taking me in when easy uo shut the door in my face and made me feel stupid for asking questions.  Now I have a crap load of iron proof stuff.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 07:19:07 AM »
That's exactly why SUO exists.

I can only understand about 1/2 of what endless writes because I have zero programming background to transfer to this easy uo language.  All I know is it works wonderfully.  I, too, have learned a lot form EN, TM, and Cerv.  I appreciate you all taking me in when easy uo shut the door in my face and made me feel stupid for asking questions.  Now I have a crap load of iron proof stuff.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: