Author Topic: "V" - The Visitors and Morena Baccarin  (Read 3563 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
"V" - The Visitors and Morena Baccarin
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:34:28 AM »
Last week, I found a new series that I can now be obsessed with.  The head alien from the series "V" Morena Baccarin as Anna, is HOT.  She won me over in more ways then one, plus she has that come hither smile, and that alluring triple blink!   

On another note, I was curious to see what the controversary was from reading in the newspapers: As the original miniseries was inspired by the novel It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis and has been called "a modern retelling of how the Nazis rose to power in Germany," the re-imagined series has been accused of being an allegory of the presidency of Barack Obama. In his review of the show, Troy Patterson of Slate points out that bloggers and journalists had noticed parallels between the show's premise and the Barack Obama administration, and writes that "if the show is to have the symbolic import that we expect from a science-fiction story, this is the only possible way to read V as a coherent text." Lisa de Moraes of The Washington Post noted in her review that the fact the series was debuting on the one-year anniversary of Obama's election "was not lost on some ... TV critics" and also remarked that the use of phrases present in the series (such as "hope", "change", and "Universal Health Care" being offered by the Visitors) made it seem as though "Lou Dobbs had taken over the network."

Regardless, Anna (Morena Baccarin) is added to my list of women to watch, along with Jennifer Love Hewitt and some others...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: "V" - The Visitors and Morena Baccarin
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:02:09 AM »
I didn't read the article, nor do i want to. I just want to enjoy the series, but...

I fell in love with Morena Baccarin in the 14 episode SyFy series "Firefly", which was later turned into the movie Serenity. She was absolutely juicy. You'd have to watch the series to appreciate her character though. The movie kind of just skimmed over everything.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 01:38:20 PM »
I want to like the show. Part of me does. However, seeing most of the original kind of ruins it for me.

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 02:07:53 PM »
As far as the show goes, what made me mad was that they revealed that the 'Aliens' were Reptilean by showing how to tell them from humans on the very first show!  String it out a little.  Keep people guessing.  What is their real intention for being here?  I would have thought they would have strung us along for at least 3 episodes...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 02:35:10 PM »
Jerkoff news people and really anyone who "looks for" racisim will find it and blog/write/scream/cry about it.

Google this...

The Racial Tapestry of Lord of the Rings

The whole argement of this artice is that LOTR is a 100% racist movie.  Interesting read.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Tags: