Author Topic: Need help getting a new motherboard!  (Read 3945 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Need help getting a new motherboard!
« on: January 04, 2010, 04:59:17 AM »
I'm looking to replace the motherboard so I can use my other computer again.  I found this in my last post as far as what processor I have in it:

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-core (2.21ghz)

current motherboard:
MCP6P M2+ VER6.1

I checked on a site and there's a few kinds of quad cores and i'm not sure which is which let alone picking the right motherboard!!  All these crazy socket things and all lol.  I'd like to upgrade to one better or so & I dont want the same one considering this one is brand new (from july) and is already dead

i also have kingston memory in it, all it says on label is KVR800D2K2/4GR (2 sticks of that) incase that matters.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Need help getting a new motherboard!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 06:29:26 AM »
I had a look at your existing motherboard and there are many different ones that will work in its place form factor and uses both.

Your existing motherboard is a biostar motherboard and they do make good motherboards but like all things manufactured some are created with errors.  It has a lot of good support items but if you are looking for a different motherboard or brand check the below link out it has a fairly nice priced replacement motherboard.

Motherboard

The only question about your existing system I have is the original motherboard had onboard video did you need this?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:40:01 AM by Masscre »

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 06:49:17 AM »
Sweet ty for that :)

I've had biostar before & didn't have a problem, I'm usually weird about getting the exact same thing twice after the previous failed haha

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »
Gigabyte makes awesome mb's

I use

GA-MA790GP-UD4H

Has a built in spdif, and hdmi and uses the phenom 940
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Tags: