Author Topic: Botting - Whats perfect? How to do it?  (Read 7695 times)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Botting - Whats perfect? How to do it?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »
Indeed, My "Main" Concept is based around your slave idea. How many other characters can I control and utilize in a group to accomplish a task.

Your Bot is more similar to my "Darkblade" Generation of scripts. Runs rails, kills monsters, loots, has commands etc.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline KatuTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Katu has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 10:42:37 PM »
Indeed, My "Main" Concept is based around your slave idea. How many other characters can I control and utilize in a group to accomplish a task.

Your Bot is more similar to my "Darkblade" Generation of scripts. Runs rails, kills monsters, loots, has commands etc.
Well, its not that simple :)

My idea was to build a bot, that can be commanded powerfully, but with simple commands. Meaning that i dont have to tell it step by step what spells to cast, but simple attack, defend, follow, stay here etc. However, i did not start from that feature. I made a plan, that has 6 stages. This plan would make the developing of bot much easier.
Stage 1 for example is:
"Bot should be able to defend it self against most single enemys. It could visit bank and empty lootbag there and also it would get restocked there."

Every new stage, contains all the previous stages
Stage 6:
"Bot is fully oriented. It takes other bots in consideration. Those bots can be in party, guild, local or in other bots party. Bot can be commanded via chat. Every bot works for is self, but for same goal. 2-3 Bot should be able to defend from player attacking. Gauntlet running and champion running should work without bigger problems".

So, i just started from the little things, but im aiming for the big picture. When ever i create new feature for farm bot section, it takes 2-3 mins to add it to be chat commanded. 
Even thou i have only "BecomeASlave" sub, thats all there is needed. That single sub takers care of everything related to being slave. When script jumps out from it, bot turns to farmbot again.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 05:37:22 AM »
Stage 6:
"Bot is fully oriented. It takes other bots in consideration. Those bots can be in party, guild, local or in other bots party. Bot can be commanded via chat. Every bot works for is self, but for same goal. 2-3 Bot should be able to defend from player attacking. Gauntlet running and champion running should work without bigger problems".

I just had a scary vision of UO Terminator. Me raiding a champ spawn only too find 3-4 bots working in perfect synch. One dismounts me, one para spams me, and the other two dump on me. After they finish they begin trash talking me.

Please tell me you added trash talking? lol

• Activity:
    0%
  • Katu has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »
Stage 6:

I just had a scary vision of UO Terminator. Me raiding a champ spawn only too find 3-4 bots working in perfect synch. One dismounts me, one para spams me, and the other two dump on me. After they finish they begin trash talking me.

Please tell me you added trash talking? lol
Haha, well no trash talking. Maybe some cool one liners, like "Yippee ki-yay ***" Or "Hasta la vista, baby".
I add sync casting to my own version and i will create so many chars, all naked with starter reagents and I WILL KILL EVERYONE ENRNF:EF...
NOT.
But seriously, i dont see need for sync casting in pvm. Just some guide lines like, if leader starts attack, then fire at will. Sync timing part would be used for pvp and that would'nt be fun. Bot will have to defend itself and it calls for help just like it would if its mob that attacks and just the same way player would. This script is not going to hit any free and big markets. Most powerfull public version will not be anykind of UO raper. I love UO, have been in love for 10+ years. Wouldnt do anything to harm it.

Offline b@ndito

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • b@ndito has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »
It's passed nearly 1 and half year since i started working on my personal version for a bot, i've published some "public" version of it and results were good, i also received many feedbacks to develop it but marketplace has been corrupted with every resource dropping of value.
Now i've reached a good status and it is a complex of 2 running scripts:

The side script is just a rail engine i made up, every rune of every book used is linked to one or more rune, this script make character moving if contitions are respectd.

The main script is a complex of 12000+ lines.

It also use a callable script for loot item evaluations.

Actually it is more efficient than a player itself (before introduction of greater dragons on my shard it was able to farm destard for about 1.5kk a day + resources and valuable loots).
Looking at your posts i was glad to see how your routine is quite similar to mine, i will list you some modifications i found to make it very efficient:

in my script you can save/load by menu, several profiles with runebooks, runes, rails and combat tactics. (it has been a long hard work but took just the last version of the script)

the main routine is something like:

• - attack critters in area [if prompted] <---- it makes the script very efficient for resource farming ie: if in that area there are bulls/birds it   attacks them in order to get them approaching you, but the script will whirlwind/wither them when just in range while you are hitting bigger monsters

• - find target           <---- this pieace of cake sub establish if there are some dangerous monsters, then it will pass monsters in area by priorities given, lastly critters if prompted (birds, cows etc)...

if area is clear:
    • --- check for corpses and then loot them until area is safe and all corpses looted.

• --- go back to initial spot

• - combact routine

it loops until -> backpack is full and bag of sending is not usable
                              equip must be repaired
                              rail is completed and we want recall to next rune
    i assure you that a good targeting and critter aggro system is very effective to resource gathering....
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:02:36 AM by b@ndito »

• Activity:
      0%
    • Katu has no influence.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »
    Nice indeed!
    That critter idea is very good. Never thought of that.
    Currently i just findmobs. I dont create anykind of priorities, not even find closest. But its only temporary. Its easy to do later on, when i have most of urgent stuff running live.
    I would like to hear more of your script capabilities :)

Offline b@ndito

• Activity:
      0%
    • Reputation Power: 0
    • b@ndito has no influence.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 07:40:59 AM »
    bad maniac just posted in another section with a really useful sub, it's all explained there ;)

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=4894.msg41120#new

Tags: