Author Topic: Whole Book BOD Filler  (Read 56714 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Whole Book BOD Filler
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:17:05 PM »
This script calls Snicker7's BODFiller to fill SBODs in one book and drop them in another.  This has been done before, but I needed a version of it for something I am working on and had to write a custom version.  It was relatively easy to edit it into a stand-alone version, so I have done that here.  Please read the code intro posted below for setup.  If you use it and encounter errors, please let me know so that I can trouble shoot. Script takes about a minute per sBOD. Script is currently configured to complete smithy bods only.

The filler can be found here:

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18664&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Code: [Select]
;=====================================================================
; Script Name:  S7 Filler Call Full BOD Book Filler
; Version: 0.10
; Author: Paulonius
; Special Thanks to TrailMix and S7 for the use of their code
; Client Tested with:
; EUO version tested with:
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI
; Initial Release Date:  04/21/2010
; Revision Date: TBD
; Global Variables Used: N/A
; Dependencies: Script requires that you have S7BodFiller and CraftInfo
;               in the same file as script
;----------------------------------------------------------------------
; Purpose: Fills Bods in one book and transfers them into a second
;======================================================================
; TO Do List
; 1. build a tracking menu
; 2. Menu based setup
; Initial Setup
; 1. You must have a secure with your resources in it within reach
; 2. You should have two books in your pack, one with bods that you
;    want to fill, and another to drop the completed bods into
; Instructions:
; 1. Position yourself with reach of a forge, anvil, and your secures
; 2. Have a tinker kit in your backpack
; 3. Toon should have 120 Blacksmith, 100 Mining and 70 Tinker
; 4. Not recommended that you try to fill books with more than 450 BODs
;    490 is your max with a pack empty of everything except what you
;    need to run the script.
; 5. Do not use the same BOD book for full and empty deeds

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Whole Book BOD Filler v.10.txt
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:23:41 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Re: Whole Book BOD Filler
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »
Thanks for the info on how to fix it. My guildmates were complaining to me about it.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline anewbe4u

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • anewbe4u has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 06:40:52 AM »
This is great, thank you!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »
Making spears instead of kryss, don't have a moment to figure out what to change in S7s script.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 10:15:04 AM »
Making spears instead of kryss, don't have a moment to figure out what to change in S7s script.
You might need to check that things didn't change in the craftinfo.txt with the latest patch.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
Ah.  Of course.  I'll take a look, although I'm not sure if I'll understand what I'm seeing...

EDIT:  As usual, the problem is me.  I hadn't updated craftinfo since early 2009...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:15:31 PM by NObama »

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 01:26:22 PM »
actually craftinfo update is on easyuo site
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41405
it is actually easy once you look at the craftinfo.txt

Code: [Select]
gosub _sub formal_shirt tjn 1 scissors shirts 3 12 1 tailoring 260 1 cloth 16
if %1 = cloth_ninja_jacket || %1 = cloth , #spc , ninja , #spc , jacket
if you look at this snippet from it the main numbers to be concerned with is the 3 and 12 this is telling it where to click in the craft menu
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
I finally started messing around with S7's BOD filler last month...for the first time. In all my years of playing I never messed with BOD's. I knew I would eventually get too it. I tried a few times manually do some BOD's  but quickly lost interest when I kept getting back lousy rewards and lousy requests.

With S7's I was doing increments of 30-45 and I had to keep a close eye on things to make sure I wasn't losing production time.

Nicely done Paulonius. This script is friggin' sweet! Your a genius man! 8)

I just filled approximately 350 SBOD's. No way in high hell I would have gotten that accomplished tonight using s7's standalone.

The only time I ran into trouble was when it grabbed a LBOD I overlooked. I need to get better organized what can I say I'm a rookie BOD'er and still learning...

It's really nice being able to pull in some POF and other goodies and not having to purchase POF at 150k-200k a pop. It adds up and the way I'm blowing through POF trying to make some woodland armor pieces it would cost me and arm and a leg.

I notice some players...probably more seasoned BOD'ers tossing alot of unfilled BOD's on the ground. Is this wise? Even if it's just an Iron ingot one...you could potentially fill it and get something good later on down the line...right?

Or maybe some players must have such an excess of BOD's that it's not significant to them?

I need to read up and get a leg up on what is wise and intelligent BOD'ing and what isn't...

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 09:55:18 PM »
Just remember the only drawback to s7's script is it won't do most of the bone armor stuff. only does normal bone, not spined, barbed, or horned.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 05:26:13 AM »
Most of the people dropping BODs have a ton and are not using a script to fill them.  I use a gatherer to get me the crappy BODs they throw away, then I churn them through S7s filler.  Check out Special project B if you are interested, I am going to need some folks testing it and I want to keep it elite when its done, but you might like what you see there.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 07:03:48 AM »
Paulonius -

Fantastic use of S7's script.  It pulled me back into bods for the first time in years...I knew there was a reason I was saving 5000 crap bods to recycle, and you're it!

If we happen to solve the bone armor problem, that would be worth an SUO hall of fame nomination for the scripter.

:)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 12:35:42 PM »
There are several problems with the BODFiller post publish 65 that I have have found so far.  If you see one, post it here and I will see what I can do. 

-Mario Andretti

Offline newbielove

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • newbielove has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 12:51:26 PM »
This is a fantastic script!

Thank you, soooo very much!!!!!!!  :o

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 11:33:17 PM »
dam nice script

Offline Magier

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Magier has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 11:57:46 PM »
this thing is so nice! love it thanks for making it
Drop out, all the cool kids are doing it.

Tags: