Author Topic: HELP - Need a movie recomendation for a kids camping party.  (Read 6620 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
HELP - Need a movie recomendation for a kids camping party.
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:41:41 AM »
Hi all my other half has planned a camping bday party for our 9year daughter... So i have to pitch tents build a fire and other such stuff in the backyard...

Ive also been given the job of finding a good Camping themed movie that they will watch outside .. appropriate for a bunch of 8/9 year old girls... HELP ...

(its south florida so will still be nice and warm outside, even at night)

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: HELP - Need a movie recomendation for a kids camping party.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:42:58 AM »
I still love "Over the Hedge".  I nearly peed myself watching that one.

I liked it so much that I named one of my new cats "Hammy".  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:45:46 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »
I hate to say it but if you are talking 8/9 year old girls and camping you may want to consider getting Camp Rock. Starring a number of popular Disney-teen musician/actors including the Jonahs Brothers (sp?) and a number of other mainstream pop kid idols. I just did a very similar stint in purgatory myself in August for my daughter's 8th b-day and this was a big hit.

Highschool Musical 1 and/or 2 would be my backup suggestion if Camp Rock bombed.

XIIx "yeah, I know but please don't hold it against me" OveR
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »
With Camp Rock, EN you'll need to bring a hammer with you so you can beat yourself to unconsciousness to avoid having to watch it.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »
With Camp Rock, EN you'll need to bring a hammer with you so you can beat yourself to unconsciousness to avoid having to watch it.  :)

Agreed.

XII

PS - but young girls love to watch this crud at slumber parties!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
Freaky Friday? The old one with Jodie Foster!

That's a good innocent movie in my book and the gal who plays the mother in that isn't bad looking at all. ;)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 03:40:35 PM »
no no no no ... thier must be something else...

But thier probably isnt...

I really would just love to kick the living C**p out of the jonas brothers and the pretty much the same for the rest of the Disney crew. But unfortunatly I fear they will be with me for at least another 6 years....

I feel like accidentally frying my own kitchen tv as i dont think i can take the sweet life of zak and cody or hanna montana while eating my dinner much longer.

Thank god my 4year old son is into spongebob at least thats some humor i can understand even if i do have to watch the same show 1 billion times.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »
I still TiVo SpongeBob; I know most of the episodes verbatim.  And yes, that's sad....

"FINLAND!!!!!"
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »

What about Hocus Pocus.  My mother has a Daycare and those kids watch that movie like 10 times a day this time of the year

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »
EN, you are missing out on a golden opportunity...  HORROR MOVIES!!

Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 10:13:51 AM »
no no no no ... thier must be something else...

But thier probably isnt...

I really would just love to kick the living C**p out of the jonas brothers and the pretty much the same for the rest of the Disney crew. But unfortunatly I fear they will be with me for at least another 6 years....

I feel like accidentally frying my own kitchen tv as i dont think i can take the sweet life of zak and cody or hanna montana while eating my dinner much longer.

Thank god my 4year old son is into spongebob at least thats some humor i can understand even if i do have to watch the same show 1 billion times.

OMG it's as if we live in the same house but with your kids a year older than mine!!!

I'm telling ya, suck it up and get Camp Rock then stay out of the room so you don't have to deal with it. Grab your son and watch Spongebob "Are you ready kids?"... "Aye aye Captain"... "I can't heeeeeer yoooooouuuuuu"... "Aye Aye Captain"!!! I just watched the episode Spongebob ScaredyPants this morning before leaving for work, my 3-yr old was pretending he was the Flying Dutchman when I shut the door behind me.

He's also way into Scooby Doo, not the new ones but the classic ones, pre-Harlem Globetrotters :P

My saving grace is a zero-TV-tolerance rule at dinnertime. When we sit down to eat as a family we're there to interact as a family so quit whining and eat your goddamn peas!

XII

Offline Kenson

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kenson has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
Princess diaries is good

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile

Tags: