Author Topic: Integrated DIFF  (Read 35440 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Integrated DIFF
« on: November 07, 2008, 03:46:58 PM »
+1
I'm a big fan of source control programs.  For Windows, I love TortoiseSVN.  So I integrated TortoiseMerge:

Now there's a new menu where you can choose between files in memory, or files from disk (note you are still checking files from disk, so you'll need to save your work before DIFFing).

After that, you'll get a TortoiseMerge report that graphically represents your differences.

In order to use this feature, you'll need to have TortoiseSVN installed.

Oh and Cerveza, you're welcome.... :P

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:29:40 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Integrated DIFF
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 03:24:57 AM »
+1
Cool feature, I like a simpler compare, but TortoiseSVN will work.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 03:30:39 AM »
+1
You'll find that you can compare in different directories now with the interface I implemented.  I use DIFF all the time, especially before releasing a script to be sure I've removed any test code.  Really is an indispensable tool.

Like just about every feature in this thing so far, it's been one of those "man, wouldn't that be cool?"  At least I don't have to leave SUO to do it now..  heh
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:42:34 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:42:12 AM »
+1
Loving that you're adding so many cool features in SUO TM. It's getting more and more justifiable for me to be on scriptuo.com from work!!  :P

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 08:19:40 AM »
+1
Loving that you're adding so many cool features in SUO TM. It's getting more and more justifiable for me to be on scriptuo.com from work!!  :P

XII

Well you should have access to the beta so give it a test and see what you think.

Heh, yeh, with linux, VM and SouthPark discussions going on, how could your IT department cut the cord???
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:22:37 AM »
+1
Wow, I missed this!  This will definitally rock especially when I am trying to figure out what I changed from version to version lol.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:25:28 AM »
+1
Wow, I missed this!  This will definitally rock especially when I am trying to figure out what I changed from version to version lol.

I'm working on integrating the full-blown SVN management capability of TortoiseSVN.  However, since it installs as a Windows service, you pretty much have SVN access wherever you right-click.  Plus Subversion can be a little bit confusing for the general scripting noobs out there.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 08:33:19 AM »
+1
But we aren't noobs lol.  Subversion FTW!!!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 10:25:23 AM »
+1
But we aren't noobs lol.  Subversion FTW!!!

When I think back on all the time I wasted doing zip backups of software projects only to still screw something up, I get kinda sick.  I started using SourceSafe many moons ago, and have been sold on version control programs ever since.

Funny thing is many of the platfrom uber-expensive ones like TruTrack/TruChange are lame in comparison to the free ones like CVS or SVN.  I've been meaning to try out Git
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »
+1
We use subversion here at work and it is so nice for keeping track of stuff everything.  We have alot of people doing development on the same things simultaniously so the ability to check in/check out documents really makes it nice so we don't end up with 8 different copies of the same version lol.  Version control is soo necessary but also one of the first to be overlooked.

Offline mosimo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mosimo has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 06:33:58 AM »
+1
This will be very handy for me. I do scripting at home and at work.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 11:53:32 PM »
+1
Having the diff integrated takes a step out for me since it will scan the scripts you have open within SUO.  TSVN installs as a windows service, so it's always available as a context selection when you Right-Click on the windows desktop, but then you have to make two selections and that's hard do do when those selections are in different directories.  Using SUO to make the selections for you makes it easier.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 12:03:49 AM »
+1
@12X:

I really think that McAfee is BONING you regarding this function.  I just installed TSVN using my newly installed Windows 7 beta VM and it works fine.  Not that I'm surprised that McAfee is screwing you....  I can't/won't/don't ask install McAfee to test this theory; I don't want it to hijack my computer (although it's not as bad as Norton...)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 02:44:23 AM »
+1
I'll test today with McAfee disabled and see if it makes a difference. THen I'll test with a VM that has never had McAfee installed.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »
+1
I'll test today with McAfee disabled and see if it makes a difference. THen I'll test with a VM that has never had McAfee installed.

I'm just jazzed to be able to use the word "BONING" in a sentence.  It's such a rarity!  :)

Good luck with that.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: