Author Topic: Hello everyone....  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Taz DevilTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Taz Devil has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello everyone....
« on: July 22, 2010, 01:32:31 AM »
Hello all ScriptUO users.

I'm happy to be here and have some knowledge of scripting using EasyUO (I'm on the easyuo forums under the same name). I have just returned to playing UO after almost 5 years from the game and I am currently playing on the Alexandria shard.

My playstyle is mainly PvM and I like to do a bit of crafting too. I am currently working on getting my crafting character up in Alchemy and Cooking. He currently has enough skills to make everything on the carpentry list. This leaves him with around 170 unused points which I don't know what to use for.

My other two playing characers are my provo mage and also my tamer.

I played for around 7 years on the Drachs shard under the character name of Bob The Scribe, I stopped playing to have a bash at WoW and after around 3 years play have now decided I still enjoy UO.

Hope I can be of help and will hopefuly be able to add a little input to some of the posts on here.

I currently do a lot of posting and browsing while I am at work as once I get home and online I get carried away playing UO so all the script help I give will be untested while I am here at work.

So once again. Ello everyone.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:03:54 AM by Taz Devil »

Offline Krusty The Klown

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Krusty The Klown has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone....
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:11:38 AM »
Seems to be the trend alot of ppl returning from the WoW'zd faze back to their roots well let me be the first to say welcome

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:27:55 AM »
Thanks for the nice intro, restricted status removed.

Welcome to SUO.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 03:02:01 AM »
Hit 80 with my Deathknight and Hunter and it's all downhill from there. The instances are too repetative, getting good gear means putting in hours for some of the larger instance runs. At least once I have a good income going in UO I'll be able to buy some of the higher rareity items and possibly create a char to run the champs once in a while.

Thanks for the welcome.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 04:07:52 AM »
Yeah, I made 76 on my Frost Mage but meanwhile I had several friends that beat me to 80 (by a long time actually) and the things they talked about made the game sound even worse after getting to 80. So I quit.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27:34 AM »
Hey Taz, I see your comments all the time over at EUO.  Glad to see you found your way over here.  I'm Miffy on the EUO boards, but I wasn't very active over there.

Anyhow, welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »
Hello all ScriptUO users.

My playstyle is mainly PvM and I like to do a bit of crafting too. I am currently working on getting my crafting character up in Alchemy and Cooking. He currently has enough skills to make everything on the carpentry list. This leaves him with around 170 unused points which I don't know what to use for.

Yeah!!!   *hands him a bear*   I didn't post on the other forums much because well, they are scarier over there, although i'm so sure about 12X here (heeh just kidding! )

Lots of peeps comign back, its exciting.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 06:04:01 PM »
very nice... thx for taking the time to post up a proper intro.  you will find a nice community here and are encouraged to participate on the boards.  :D

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 12:40:33 AM »
Hey Taz, I see your comments all the time over at EUO.  Glad to see you found your way over here.  I'm Miffy on the EUO boards, but I wasn't very active over there.

Anyhow, welcome!

I will admit it now. I was forced over here by not having access to EUO site. But with the farming and harvesting rules a little lax on here then I should be able to post up some of my (FREESHARD Alexandria) scripts. Can't concentrate on them at the moment. After 5 years away from the game, I keep getting side tracked by playing the game instead of trying to get at least one script knocked out. My fisherman script is still a long way from completion, but I think it should work on a lot more shards than the OSI specific one I originaly wrote.

I went mentle when they started ML type woods on Lexia, I think I spent a good 5+ hours manualy lumbering away. This weekend ended up spending about 4 hours burning through 10k wood, 1k bolts and bout 2k ingots doing the heartwood quests, and all I did was pop down to try out Kals OCR sub. Well as you have guessed, I never got around to doing anything with the OCR, I did knock up a quick routing to mark and hand in the items depending on which item was in your backpack.

Although most of my scripts will first appear on the EUO site, I will add any 100% attendance free scripts here. Just wished I had kept my original fishing script as this was 100% self reliant, it even had the option to hand in fish steaks at the library.

Untill the novelty of being back in the game wears off, I can't see me getting much done script wise, just enjoying playing again for the time being. I've even got my partner playing as well.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 01:26:58 AM »
Welcome to the site Taz! Great group here, so don't be a stranger!

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 12:42:48 PM »
Hola Taz! welcome to the site. First post, and you already have a possible referral in the house with you! Glad you found something that eludes a lot of people... enjoyment in the game again. Have a ball!!! Dont rush to script

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
Once again thanks for the Welcomes.

Nice to see a few older EUO peeps on here.

I'm enjoying being back in the game too much to spend any real time scripting. Believe it or not 99% of my posting and scripting is done at work, but I am unable to test anything I write till I get home and find out that it has all gone pear shaped once it has been run.

My first rework will by my fishing script. I found that on the Alexandria shard there were a few differences to the OSI shards I used to play making the script unworkable on RunUO shards.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
And "older" as in we need walking assistance and AARP cards as well!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »
And "older" as in we need walking assistance and AARP cards as well!
Errr.....speak for yourself sonny!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »
Well, I pulled a foot tendon while walking at Comicon, so I somewhat resemble that last remark!  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: