Author Topic: Coming back to Ultima...  (Read 2169 times)

Offline velocity0214Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • velocity0214 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Coming back to Ultima...
« on: August 14, 2010, 09:40:59 AM »
although it seems it may be a bad time to be a scripter and coming back to a game that looks like it might crack down on scripts, but that's half the fun. They build a better mouse trap and the mice get smarter. 

I started UO in 1999 and got so engrossed in the game for 5 years I almost ended up divorced.  I quit for a couple of years and still ended up divorced.  Lost a couple of valuable years of game time there.  I started again and married again, quit again, divorced again.  This time I married a gamer...lol...she plays UO more than I do now.

I have a degree in programming, yet I work as an assistant general manager for a hospital linen laundry company... the job security in this economy is priceless, not to mention the salary and benefits.  I have been reading up on Lua for OpenEUO in hopes to take advantage of more flexibility in my scripts.  I have been looking for a site, other than the obvious one, to post scripts for some good feedback, instead of being told I write gold farmers and afk scripts and that they aren't to be posted.

It's been a while and I am a little rusty but nothing helps more than getting someone to try out your work and show you what you are missing or an easier way to do something.  Hope to see everyone on the boards or in some cases in the game.  I play on GL and prolly will till they shut the doors.

Happy Scripting,
Velocity (yes, my member name is a typo...lol)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Coming back to Ultima...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
I fixed your visible name to prevent any teasing.  ;)

Welcome to the site and thanks for the intro!

Oh, and you can't post gold farming scripts here either.  PSYCH!! Just kidding, post away!  :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline velocity0214Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • velocity0214 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »

Oh, and you can't post gold farming scripts here either.  PSYCH!! Just kidding, post away!  :p

Whew...scared me for a second there...lol...thanks for fixing the name.

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 06:20:39 PM »
Sike? :P

Welcome to the group.  I'm just an crazy ole lady they let hang out in these parts.
Its a fair and friendly community

jesterboo

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 06:58:04 PM »
Welcome to the site and I hope they don't start cracking down on the scripting though. I mainly use scripts for working a character's skill. I can't imagine doing it by hand. can you say hand doctor here i come if it goes back to those days. ugh

can't wait to try out some or your scripts :)

Tags: