Author Topic: Question about Plant Tending...  (Read 8525 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Question about Plant Tending...
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
Hey I had a quick Question about plant Tending....    If my plant has a RED + next to say infestation.  I know the appropriate response is 2 Greater poison potions, but what I'm wondering is that When you click the poison potion icon and Target a G. poison bottle will only apply 1 poison or since it's a RED + will it know that it should apply 2 ??   I'm growing a small test group of plants so I can start the process of automating this but nothing I have has a RED + yet lol.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Plant Tending...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:53:12 AM »
What is Plant Tending?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 01:11:52 AM »
Actually I had another Question.  I'm Diggin around in Cedryk's old Hort-O-Matic & Had a few questions about some of the subroutines.  Is posting the mentioned Subs & asking Questions about them here ok?  Some of his Image Algorithms use some Color Similarity stuff that I'm confused over lol..   Anyway If it's cool to ask away and post em etc.. I will do so just dind't know if it was since it's his work.

Offline Sulter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sulter has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 03:53:03 AM »
have you looked at Hort-O-Matic easyuo script have been useing it for a while and it works good.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:03:17 AM »
I'm Diggin around in Cedryk's old Hort-O-Matic...

have you looked at Hort-O-Matic easyuo script have been useing it for a while and it works good.

Am I missing something here?

:P
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 09:52:08 AM »

Well... that's a matter of opinion then.  It's an AMAZING script no doubt, but you have to pull out a bunch of tweaks in a 28 page thread to get it working currently.  It also still Takes over your mouse cursor & wasn't setup to use stacked potions last time I had it working @ the release of SA.  It simply Needs a full rewrite to include the NEW changes.. I mean it was released in what 2003?  Anyway, on a side note apparently Kal released a bunch of Callable Plant tending Files, which I'll have to look at too.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 11:03:09 AM »
That sounds kinda familiar but I can not figure out why?  
lol All they Veiled references to the SUO-Hort ??   (or am I waaaay off lol ?)  

Ahh Well... nothing like slow painful death from boredom that plant tending will cause, to convince me to attempt to make the process easier on myself lol...  

Anyway I did have a question if Anyone feels up to it..

I'm confused over the RGB color channels that are used in the explantion of #pixcol on the EUO wilki page...Anyone care to take a shot at explaining it somewhat?    example...
    Holds the color of the last pixel saved using savePix. The colors returned by #pixCol are in the format $BBGGRR (where BB = hex value of blue color channel, GG = hex value of green color channel, RR = hex value of red channel). All colors rendered on the screen are created from these 3 primary colors. Each color ranges from 0 (darkest) to 255 (brightest) -- or $00 to $FF.
http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php/PixCol

I just really don't understand what the TEST code on that link is accomplishing I guess..
Code: [Select]

sub TestColor
; pass   %1   Color to Test
;   %2   Color to Match
;   %3   Channel Similarity
  set %_ct %1
  set %_cm %2
  set %_cs %3
  gosub ColorChannels %_cm
  set %_rm %r
  set %_bm %b
  set %_gm %g
  gosub ColorChannels %_ct
  set %_rd %r - %_rm abs
  set %_bd %b - %_bm abs
  set %_gd %g - %_gm abs
  set %_result ( %_rd <= %_cs ) && ( %_bd <= %_cs ) && ( %_gd <= %_cs )
return %_result

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:13:22 AM by TrailMyx »

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »
Let's play nice here.  Alpha please continue your questions.  Sometimes folks have fun joking about elite scripts or even the possibility of their existence regarless of if they exist or not.  I cannot confirm its existence either way.  It is kind of like area 51 or whatever that alien place is.  Is it there or not?  Some think so.

In all seriousness though, the tone in this thread needs to change or it is getting locked and warnings/bannings are going out.  Anyone that is serious about helping please do so.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 03:13:39 PM »
No problem C2.... off to work atm..  But I'm sure I can think of Question reguarding Cedryk's Hort-O-Matic lol..   That thing impresses me with the OCR and scanned in character patterns etc heh.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 09:12:17 AM »
Ok another Question....   If a plant is Wilted is the correct response to apply 2 Heal pots or 1???  If I apply 2 will that increase the plants vitality back to Vibrant @ the next maintenance or does it only increase it by one stage (Back to Healthy?)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 09:54:41 AM »
Place 2 heal pots.  It will use what ever you place into the flower pot at the next maintenace cycle.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »
Does Anyone know the Percentage chance for an Extra Growth check to be made that using Fertile Dirt gives you?   If I had to guess I'd say somewhere near 10% but wondering if Anyone knows for sure...

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
looked in 5 different places and each mentioned they had a chance to grow two cycles using fertile dirt in a 24 hour period but  did not mention what teh percentage was. Also you can buy fertile dirt in ter mur for 2 gold each so kind cheap to cut your growth time down.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 02:56:47 PM »
huh.. I did not know that you could buy fertile dirt.. I might try that on my next set

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
huh.. I did not know that you could buy fertile dirt.. I might try that on my next set

Fertile dirt is more trouble than it's worth.  you will frequently get multiple growth checks...problem is, if you get two checks in the same day that are 'add a potion', you end up with wilty plants.  Wilty plants are expensive and time consuming to revive.  Not worth it.  Trust me.

Tags: