Author Topic: Question about Plant Tending...  (Read 8522 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Plant Tending...
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »
Nobama Said:

Fertile dirt is more trouble than it's worth.  you will frequently get multiple growth checks...problem is, if you get two checks in the same day that are 'add a potion', you end up with wilty plants.  Wilty plants are expensive and time consuming to revive.  Not worth it.  Trust me.

Hmm.. Actually can you be more specific in your explanation??  I'm not actually positive what determines the level of change in the Health status of a plant.  For example if a plant is Vibrant and you have one "NEED" (water / cure / poison) will the health level of the plant change to healthy at the next growth check (assuming you don't apply the right potion b4 then) ?

So.. if the above is close to true then I assume that if your plant receives a growth checks and it has multiple "NEEDS" then it's possible for the plant to drop from Vibrant to Wilted??

I guess I just need to clarify What Bad things result in Changes of Health status & how much they change it.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 12:53:54 AM »
oh.. that sounds like bad codding on UO's Side... what a joke...

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 05:33:41 AM »
Nobama Said:

Fertile dirt is more trouble than it's worth.  you will frequently get multiple growth checks...problem is, if you get two checks in the same day that are 'add a potion', you end up with wilty plants.  Wilty plants are expensive and time consuming to revive.  Not worth it.  Trust me.

Hmm.. Actually can you be more specific in your explanation??  I'm not actually positive what determines the level of change in the Health status of a plant.  For example if a plant is Vibrant and you have one "NEED" (water / cure / poison) will the health level of the plant change to healthy at the next growth check (assuming you don't apply the right potion b4 then) ?

So.. if the above is close to true then I assume that if your plant receives a growth checks and it has multiple "NEEDS" then it's possible for the plant to drop from Vibrant to Wilted??

I guess I just need to clarify What Bad things result in Changes of Health status & how much they change it.

- Fertile Dirt gives up to two growth checks
- During a growth check, a plant can have a RED PLUS, or an extra bad infestation of something
- If you get two growth checks simultaneously with RED PLUSes, it's like you didn't tend the plant for two days while it was infested
- Plant will be wilty, or at least at the low end of Healthy.

I found it annoying, and figured it wasn't worth the hassle and expense of the extra pots.

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »
Ok I have another question....

I know you can have your plants in a characters backpack and you will receive a growth check when you log in if enough time has passed...  What I wasn't sure about was if the plants could be in a Sub container in your backpack and still receive the growth check?  Anyone know?

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 10:33:30 AM »
There have been a couple of changes to Plant Tending in the last couple of publishes.  You may still be able to put plants in a sub container and still get growth checks, but personally I have not tried that because Hort-O-Matic does not like to tend plants in sub containers.  Easy to find out!  Put a handful of plants in a sub container and try it for a few days.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Sulter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sulter has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »
I have used the hort-O-matic2 for a while now and I grow plants on my Players pouch, I put 20 bowls in a pouch with seed placed in them, I have 4 to 6 bags of pouchs in my backpack and the script works fine.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 01:45:42 AM »
I don't think Bag tending is allowed.. the only way this works is if the bag is on your character.. if it is locked down in your house they plants go into a standby mode, meaning they will not grow.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 11:30:10 AM »
I have used the hort-O-matic2 for a while now and I grow plants on my Players pouch, I put 20 bowls in a pouch with seed placed in them, I have 4 to 6 bags of pouchs in my backpack and the script works fine.

Why waste the space to put more pouches in your backpack?  On characters I seldom use, I fill their backpack with 120 bowls.  Hort-O-Matic will take care of each and every bowl.  It doesn't need to look pretty or be organized.   :)

ORACLE

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 02:19:48 PM »
or you can do what the rest of us do.. put 125 plants into a wooden crate, put it on the ground then smash it. run a quick script to lock down all your plants and viola... you have 125 plants sitting on one tile.....

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »
or you can do what the rest of us do.. put 125 plants into a wooden crate, put it on the ground then smash it. run a quick script to lock down all your plants and viola... you have 125 plants sitting on one tile.....

Well, for those of us who are Junk Collectors and/or badly organized, then the backpack is best, as it doesn't take any lock down space...!

ORACLE

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »
Or be well thought out like myself and have a house made just for plants  ;D

Tags: